29- Mysterious Computer Man

Last time...

"Let's give it a shot."

Y/N POV

"We can't let him get away with this." You heard Trish say as she stood up from her chair, an almost dreadful expression on her face, "A moment ago, just for a little while, I felt the same thing I felt in Venice. The one who got close to Y/N and Abbacchio was... my father."

Trish stared at the mold she had made of her father from Moody Blues' replay.

"So you're saying that Abbacchio and Y/N could've..." Fugo trailed off, horrified that he could've lost two of his friends today.

"Let's not dwell on that, Abbacchio and I are here right now so it doesn't matter how close we were to death." You spoke up with a serious look on your face while Abbacchio nodded along.

"Y/N is right, but does that mean the boss is here Trish?" Bruno asked.

"Yes." Trish answered as she looked up at the ceiling, "I don't know where he is right now, but he's nearby."

"Bucciarati!" Giorno exclaimed, causing the capo to turn to him.

"Not right now!" Bruno scolded, "If we don't find out the boss' identity for sure and kill him, we're going to lose. We have to track down his identity first!"

You could hear the frustration dripping off of Bruno's voice as Giorno turned back to the computer when it beeped. 

"No hits." Giorno reported grimly.

"It's no use... The boss is meticulous." Fugo grimaced, "It's impossible to track him down any further."

You watched as Bruno seemed to glare at the floor with this recent development. You adjusted the aviator sunglasses that rested on the golden hairpins you had received for your birthday, they were some of your most valued possessions. 

You all turned your attention to the computer when it started making a dreadful beeping noise.

"That's not true!" A voice came from the computer, you noticed Lemon came out of your jacket when he heard the voice, "You have already tracked him down."

"What?" Giorno stared at the laptop in shock.

"All that's left now is to find a way to defeat him." the voice continued as you all stood around the computer in shock, yes even Abbacchio had stood up, "I've been waiting so long for people like you who'd do everything they could to track this man down!"

"Someone tracked us down instead!" Bruno exclaimed in slight panic, "Giorno, cut the connection quick!"

"Wait! Don't cut me off!" The voice pleaded, "I'm on your side! You want to defeat Diavolo, don't you?"

Everyone gasped unanimously.

'How does he know the boss' name?!' You yelled in your head while keeping a somewhat calm exterior.

"Diavolo?" Trish asked in a hushed voice, but Bruno put a finger to his mouth and shushed her.

"Please believe me." The voice urged, "I knew deep in my heart that someone who wanted to defeat Diavolo would eventually show up. That's why I kept this line open. I've been waiting for so long. I've waited for years, filled wit hope. I'm on your side!"

"I don't know about that." Your capo said with narrowed eyes, "Diavolo? Just because you said that name doesn't guarantee that you're on our side. Giorno, cut the connection."