8- Pompeii

Y/N POV

"The city of Pompeii was known to the Romans as a peaceful, prosperous health resort." Fugo informed the three of you as he was driving, "It was then abruptly destroyed by the lapilli and lava that came from the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius on August 24, 79 AD. Later, archaeologists discovered that all the houses, streets, wine bottles, and even carriage tracks left behind, were preserved as they were when the volcano erupted 1800 years ago."

You sat in the back with Abbacchio, intently listening in on Fugo's history lesson, since you had never been to Pompeii yourself. As you listened, Abbacchio was leaning against the window and watching the scenery pass by, Giorno was sitting in the passenger seat and looking at a road map of the city.

"The dog mosaic we're looking for is located near the entrance of the house of the Tragic Poet in Pompeii." Fugo finished his history lesson and continued driving in silence.

"Oh, Fugo," Giorno spoke up after a couple seconds, "You were supposed to turn right at that corner, not left."

'You're supposed to tell people these things before they turn Giorno.' You mentally sighed.

Fugo then slammed on the brakes, causing you to slam your forehead on the back of Giorno's seat. You leaned back and rubbed your aching forehead as Fugo started to talk.

"You should have told me sooner, Giorno." You could hear Fugo tapping his finger on the steering wheel as Abbacchio looked you over to make sure you were ok, "What point is there if you tell me that after I turn?"

"You're absolutely right." Giorno said in his usual neutral tone as he bowed his head slightly, "I apologize. I'll be more careful next time."

"That's not the point here, damn it!" Fugo started yelling angrily before stopping as Abbacchio kicked the back of his chair.

"Hey, Fugo." Abbacchio said with his arms crossed and his foot still on Fugo's seat, "we're in a hurry, so don't lose it now." Abbacchio put his foot back down and looked away as he finished talking.

"I know that!" Fugo said a bit more calmly, then aggressively reversed and turned around, tires screeching.

'I hope I don't get a bump on my head from this.' You though as leaned back you rubbed your forehead.

"Damn it..." Fugo muttered.

It was silent as Abbacchio sat with his arms crossed, you didn't know what he was thinking. He was almost as hard to read as Giorno. You watched as Abbacchio stared at Giorno in silence. Everything was too quiet for your tastes, so you decided to speak up.

"Hey, Fugo. Thanks for telling us about Pompeii earlier, it was really interesting!" You smiled brightly at the blond who looked away, a little embarrassed by your praise.

"Oh, thanks..." He mumbled, your compliment seemed to have calmed him down a bit from his previous outburst.

-------

The four of you had arrived at Pompeii and had just exited the van. You were stretching as Abbacchio started talking.

"Pompeii, huh?" Abbacchio said, "I haven't been here since I visited on a field trip as a kid."

"I've never been here personally, but I've seen pictures." You said with a smile as you looked around. Abbacchio glanced at you, maybe one of the newbies wasn't so bad.

Fugo pulled up his sleeve to look at his watch before speaking.

"Abbacchio, Giorno, Y/N," Fugo said getting the three of you's attention, "lets hurry."