25- Karen Yells at Child

Last time...

That was the moment you knew, you fucked up.

Y/N POV

You felt Bucciarati harshly grab your arm and drag you out of the restaurant. The bob-cut man dragged you into the alley near the restaurant, pushing you against the wall.

"What the hell were you thinking Y/N?!" Bucciarati yelled, "I told you to stay in the turtle and you didn't listen! Look what happened!"

Bucciarati gestured to the wound on your chest that wasn't really bleeding.

"You got hurt! You can't just keep running into dangerous situations like this!" Bucciarati continued yelling, which you were getting sick of.

"I'm not going to let you all risk your lives while I do what?! Sit in the turtle?!" You yelled back.

"You could get killed Y/N!" Bucciarati fired back.

"I can't just be the damsel in distress every time! I want to help!" You yelled while making wide hand gestures.

"Well you can't!" Bucciarati yelled, causing you to flinch, "You've gotten injured in every fight you've been in! How can I trust you to be safe?! You're stand has barely any combat potential!"

"I can fight Bucciarati! I'm not a helpless child!" You fired back, tear welling up in your eyes, but you forced them down, "You can't stop my choices!"

"I almost let you die Y/N! I can't have that happen again!" Bucciarati countered.

"If I die so what?! At least I'll be protecting the people I care about!" You yelled.

"What about your father?! What would he do if he lost you?!" Bucciarati  fired back.

"He'll get over it! I'm fine Bucciarati!" You turned your head away from him.

"Look at yourself! You're injured right now because of something you never signed up for-" Bucciarati ripped your hand away from the wound you were covering to see it not bleeding.

"You're not bleeding..." he looked at you as you kept your head turned away and your eyes on the ground, "Why aren't you bleeding Y/N...."

You didn't answer.

"Tell me!" Bucciarati yelled, which you cut him off.

"I died Bucciarati!" You yelled, causing Bucciarati to go silent and the air go stiff.

"You... W-What?" Bucciarati breathed out.

"I died in your arms after facing the boss. Giorno's stand gave me a little bit more time here." You choked out, not having fully accepted your death.

"W-What no! You have to be lying!" Bucciarati kept a firm grip on your wrist.

"I'm not, this wound proves it, see it's not bleeding. And since you're holding my wrist, try and feel for a pulse." Bucciarati tried to feel for a pulse, but there was none.

Bucciarati trembled before dropping your wrist and pulling you into a hug. He dropped to his knees, pulling you with him.

"I'm so sorry. It's all my fault... It should have been me. Not you." Bucciarati muttered as you wrapped your arms around him.

"No I made the choice on my own, none of it was your fault." You said, tears welling up in your eyes, "If I could go back and make that decision, I wouldn't hesitate to take your place."

Bucciarati hugged you for a little while longer, as if when he let you go you would vanish into thin air.

"We'll fix this, you won't die." Bucciarati stated, but you could hear the lack of confidence in his voice.

"You can't fix this, Giorno's stand can heal wounds but it can't get a dead body to work forever Bucciarati." You said.

"Bruno." Bucciarati said after a moment of silence.

"What?" You questioned.

"Call me Bruno please..." The suit wearing man held you close.

"Ok Bruno." You smiled sadly, knowing your days were numbered.

"But what am I going to tell your father?" Bruno looked at you with his ocean blue eyes as sadness and grief swirled in them.

"The truth." You stated firmly, "I want him to know everything... He deserves to know." 

You tried getting up, but Bruno held you tighter.

"Just... stay for a little bit." He said softly, causing you to relax. It wouldn't hurt to spend a little bit more time like this.

----

You weren't happy when Narancia came back all bloody, luckily Giorno was awake to fix him up. That did stop you from fretting over him like a child.

"Y/N stop! I'm not a child!" Narancia whined.

"I know I know, I'm just worried for you ok?" You said, dejectedly holing a damp napkin. You gave Narancia the saddest puppy dog eyes anyone had ever seen.

"Fineeee." Narancia groaned as you wiped the blood off of him. If he was being honest, he didn't mind you taking care of him, it felt like his mother but something different. What was this feeling?

After you had cleaned up Narancia, you headed back out on the boat.

"How long has it been since the last attack?" Bucciarati asked as you were sitting on Abbacchio's lap again, "Four to five minutes? Anyways, it's hard to imagine that another assassin from the organization is in Venice right now. It should be wide open. "

Lemon sat on your lap, as if listening to the conversation.

"Let's head towards the air port!" Bucciarati announced as he held the turtle to his chest, "We'll get a plane! We're going to get a plane and head straight to Sardinia, no matter what. We must find out about the boss' past as quickly as possible... or we lose."

---

You had arrived at the airport, Narancia using Aerosmith to scout the area while the rest of you checked the plane and the surrounding areas for anyone.

"There's no sign of life. I don't feel any life energy. There are no living creatures on this plane, not even a cockroach." Giorno reported with his hand on the plane.

"Alright, let's take this plane." Bruno commanded, "Don't let any living creature or machine near this airplane."

You were standing in between Trish and Abbacchio, thankful for the shade of the plane. You didn't know how Abbacchio was handling this heat. You were having a hard time with it, but somehow Abbacchio wasn't breaking a sweat.

"I guess he's to edgy to sweat, it would ruin his makeup." You muttered under your breath.

"What?" Abbacchio said, turning to you.

"Nothing." You responded and looked away.

You heard Abbacchio mumble something along the lines of 'That's what I thought you brat', but you shrugged it off.

Finally, it was time to board the plane.

---

A/N

Once again thank you all for your patience with me! I know this is a shorter chapter, but we'll get back up to the normal chapter length eventually!

To the person who asked who's favorite drink is piss, the answer to that question is me and several other people.

Thank you for reading, stay tuned and I'll se you on Wednesday!