31- Secco, Why is Everything Sticky?

Y/N POV

As Narancia was flung onto shore along with the turtle, you and Bruno rolled out. You both laid on the ground for a moment before looking at Mista, who had caught Narancia.

"Well done, Mista!" Bruno praised the gunslinger, "As long as we move upwards, their attack won't begin."

Mista chuckled slightly with a smile. You watched as Bruno stood up, offering a hand to you. You took his hand, standing up and helping the two put Narancia in the turtle.

---

"What are we going to do Bucciarati?" Mista asked while looking at the burning remains of the boat, "We can't go back out to sea."

"If the Mold's range is extended by the corpses, as Y/N guessed, then instead of tracking down the user, we're better off finding a car and getting out of this village." Bucciarati said as he scanned the area, "Our number one priority right now is to get to Rome."

"Giorno, how's Narancia's treatment going?" Bruno asked as he leaned over the turtle.

"It's hard to treat him in this village." Giorno answered, "There's living mold in his wounds."

"Alright Mista, Y/N, climbing up is fine." Bruno said as he looked at the stairs in front of you, "We're going to go up those stairs and get ourselves a car."

---

You walked up the stairs in front of Bruno, with Mista walking ahead of you. You stared at the corpse laying on the stairs as you passed by. You felt pity for them and everyone else affected by the mold.

"The only way we can go is up right now, but if we should ever have to go down any lower than we are..." Mista said.

"We'll be fine." Bruno said before the gunslinger could finish his statement.

"Bruno is right." You stated, "This village is built on the side of a mountain. All the roads go uphill"

Bruno nodded before speaking.

"Outside the village, there are cars that are still running. That means the mold's range hasn't expanded that far yet." Bruno continued for you, "We just need to acquire a car and get out of this village quickly. We need to hurry to Rome at all costs."

"Which car should we take?" Mista asked.

"Probably one with a corpse near it, because that corpse should have the car key." You said as you shivered at the thought of someone dying as they got out of their car.

You all heard a clang at the bottom of the stairs, causing Bruno to pull out his stand, but it was just a can falling from the corpse. 

"It was just the mold breaking that corpse's hand apart." Bruno said as he put away his stand, "I'll watch our rear, you both hurry up and get a car."

"Right." Mista said as you nodded and followed him up the stairs.

"Mista, Y/N, I take that back." Bruno said, causing you and Mista to freeze in place, "Something... Something is wrong."

"Hurry and go up!" The black-haired capo commanded.

"R-Right!" You and Mista said in sync as you both tried to rush up the stairs.

"What are you two doing?! I told you to go up!" Bruno yelled as he whipped around to face you.

"We are Bucciarati!" You yelled as you and Mista tried running up the stairs.

"But..." Mista started, "We're sinking! We're moving away from the wall!"

You both froze and watched as the wall started getting taller, well you were getting lower.