7- A Second Phone Call and a Nice Chat

Y/N POV

As you arrived at the house where you were to be located, something clicked in your head.

"Crap!" You exclaimed as you smacked your forehead with the base of your palm.

"What's wrong Y/N?" Bucciarati asked as he stepped out of the van.

"Remember my phone call from earlier?" You asked and Bucciarati nodded, "I had told my dad I would be back by tomorrow, but we'll be here for about a week."

Bucciarati once again felt slightly guilty as you took out your phone to call your father.

"Is it ok if I make a phone call?" you asked Bucciarati, who nodded in response.

You had walked a little bit away from the van to get some quiet, though you didn't notice the curious Giorno who was standing close by. Your phone rang for a while before going to voicemail.

'Papa must be busy in the shop.' You though before starting your message.

"Ah hi Papa, it's me Y/N, I just wanted to let you know that I wont be home until next week. When we got to Capri our boat had some issues and won't be getting repaired until the end of the week. I know it's disappointing, but I guess we'll just have to celebrate my birthday when I get back, ok Papa? Alright I'll talk to you later, love you!" After you left your voice message, you clenched your fist and sighed, putting your phone back in your pocket. You hated lying to your father like this.

"Is everything alright Y/N?" Someone asked from behind you. You immediately spin around in shock, only to see Giorno staring at you with a slightly concerned face. You sighed in relief and put a hand on your chest.

"Oh, it's just you Giorno, you scared me for a moment." You smiled, "But yeah, everything is alright, just had to make a phone call."

Despite your smile, Giorno didn't believe your words. You looked at him in confusion as he looked at the ground like he was looking for something.

"Giorno what are you doing?" You asked, but he didn't respond.

Your question was answered when Giorno picked up a pebble and turned it into a singular white gardenia.

"Here." He said with a small smile as he tucked the flower behind your ear.

"Oh, thank you Giorno! It's beautiful." You smiled gently as you gently touched the soft petals.

"I'm glad you like it, we should head inside where the others are." You nodded in response to Giorno.

The two of you walked inside where Fugo was mid speech.

"That's a list of food and other things you need to buy." Fugo said to Narancia as Abbacchio sat on the stairs behind them.

"These are the keys to the car." Fugo continued as he held the keys in Narancia's face, "You can do this, Narancia." Fugo lowered his hand and leaned in closer to the black haired boy, "I know you can pull it off."

Narancia smiled and nodded with a 'hm!' before Fugo continued. By this time you and Giorno had moved across the room and were now standing by the stairs.

"Y/N." Bucciarati called from upstairs, so you didn't hear the rest of Fugo and Narancia's conversation as you walked up the stairs. You saw Bucciarati standing outside a door, facing you.

"She asked for you to guard her from inside of the room." Bucciarati said. You responded with a nod, but as you grabbed the door handle, Bucciarati had placed a hand on your shoulder.

"How did the phone call go?" Bucciarati asked.

"Oh it went to voicemail, my father must have been busy." You said with a closed eye smile.