18- Stand Cry!

Last time...

"D-Did that do it?" Mista asked.

Y/N POV

"I-I don't know." You said as you watched the enemy sink into the water.

"No it's shallow." Giorno shouted, "I think we can at least get away for now, but Mista, Y/N, this just bought us some time! Let's get the thing quickly, then get out of here fast. The same strategy won't work again the next time he catches up. Please go Mista, Y/N!"

"I couldn't find anything on the statue Giorno!" You yelled back, "And I have no way of destroying the statue, my stand isn't strong enough! Even if we can somehow destroy the statue, is hiding enough?!" 

"It's going to have to be!" Your blond friend said with determination.

"We need to end him now!" Mista yelled as you pulled him onto the bank before he immediately jumped into the water. "This is our only chance!"

"Mista what are you doing?!" You and Giorno yelled as you watched Mista from above the water.

"How dare you do that to my forehead?!" The man in the suit yelled as he resurfaced.

"Mista!" Giorno said as the gunslinger aimed his pistol before firing into the water. Two fish soon floated up, gunshot wounds in their sides.

'Wow Mista, killing random fish. Low.' You randomly thought.

"What the?" The man yelled as he stared at the dead fish, "You shot some fish that were swimming around? What the hell are you trying to do?!"

As he turned to reveal a hole in his suit, Mista fired another round to the two sex pistols behind the man.

It looked like the bullet had hit him, but there were strange flashes and what sounded like a bullet ricocheting.

"That sound... It can't be!" Giorno said before it finally clicked.

"The bullet is ricocheting!" You yelled.

"So you found my breathing hole and went for that..." The man said in a low tone as everything started freezing, "Mista! But extremely low temperatures freeze everything! Gas turns to liquids, and liquids turn to solids! Take a closer look. Can't you see the air that's stopped?"

"The bullet, Mista, Y/N!" Giorno yelled, "That's the sound of a ricocheting bullet!"

"What?!" Mista yelled as the bullet flew towards him. You instinctively jumped in the water and pushed Mista out of the way. Causing the bullet to lodge in your right shoulder. You hissed as you clutched your bleeding wound. Though it wasn't the wound that hurt the most, it was the memories it brought back.

"White Album... Gently Weeps!" The man yelled as Mista caught your frozen form as you flew backwards. Memories replayed in your head, the gunfire, your mother's scream, her final words, all of it.

"Y/N!" Giorno yelled, which snapped you out of your daze, causing you to turn to the angry man.

"I'd already created a wall of frozen air!" The man boasted, "It uses up quite a bit of my stand's power, but now nothing can shoot a bolt into me!"

---King Crimson!---

You watched from the wall with Mista already on the shore as the man smashed the statue with his arm, revealing the disk.

"What the hell is this?" The man questioned before leaning over it, "It was embedded in there? In one of the cuts or gaps in the statue?"

You grunted as you pulled your upper body over the wall while still clutching your shoulder. You couldn't really use your stand in this condition, not to mention the long sprint it took to actually get here.