I Want to Change

The Ninja and Acronix walked through the cave before coming upon an opening. In the middle with his back turned to them, was Krux. " Hermano!" Acronix shouted. Krux turned around and stared at his brother. " Hello, hermano." " What are you doing here? Why do you keep trying?" Acronix stepped forward. " Because Ninjago shouldn't be filled with useless technology, it was better in its former glory." Acronix laughed and Krux looked at him confused.

" Technology has improved life exponentially brother! You just won't admit that time has passed and things change." Acronix walked over to his brother but was glitched back to the Ninja. Acronix stiffened up, confused about what just happened. He looked around before hearing a glitchy laugh that belonged to a woman.

The masked skeleton appeared behind Krux. " I said, get rid of them before I had to." " I was getting there!" Krux scoffed. " You're not doing a good enough job. Krux." Zane asked who the skeleton was. " I am a glitch. Born from corrupted data in the digiverse. I am linked with more technology than you think." The glitch laughed and glitched out. Zane was confused about what that meant before he powered down and fell backward.

" Zane!" Pixal caught the Master of Ice. " Pixal! You and Zane get out of here quickly! " Lloyd told the robot who nodded and started to run back to the Bounty. " That was just dirty. Hacking into Zane to turn him off!" Cole shouted at the glitch that reappeared. " Krux start making yourself useful." 

Krux nodded and drew his katana. " Brother you don't need to do this! You can still change and come back. Mama and Papa would be happy." Acronix held out his arms. Krux looked at his brother and really considered it. He loved his brother and really missed him. Life didn't feel right without him. " Remember, he is only trying to arrest you. He doesn't really love you nor wants you. So attack, I'll take care of the others." The glitch whispered to Krux. 

The glitch grabbed Acronix and threw him to the side, closer to his brother as she then glitched the Ninja into another part of the cave. " Of course, can never fight with someone," Acronix mumbled before sliding to the side, just barely dodging Krux's katana.

" Brother these caves are called the Caves of Betrayal for a reason, that glitch is sending a message. They are only going to betray you!" " The only one who has betrayed me is you!" Acronix quickly got up and missed the katana once again. " Brother, please! I miss you." That made Krux hesitate but he only tried to hit his brother again.

Acronix didn't dodge this time. Instead, he went closer to Krux and hugged him. " Hermano. Please." Krux lowered his katana and paused for a second before hugging his brother back. Acronix smiled. " You want to come back huh? You want to admit you were wrong and want to try again. But that glitch won't let you." 

Krux was silent for a second before replying. " I do but then I think you just are trying to arrest me or something, that you don't really want me back." " Of course I want you back Krux! You're my twin and I love you!" Acronix pulled away and smiled at his brother.

Krux smiled back before he saw Acronix glitching out. " Brother!?" Acronix's face morphed into the glitch's mask. " You fool! You are letting him lie to you! You are only going to lose him! How dare you try and go back to someone who will only hurt you!"

Krux stumbled back and fell onto his ass. " Where, where is my hermano!" Krux demanded to know. " I glitched him away to the others. Trapped inside the cave." The masked skeleton walked closer to Krux. " What makes you think that you could just fight for a moment then try to change sides. He doesn't want you, lose him already!" The glitch scoffed. " He lied to you Krux. I hate liars, did you know that? I'll take care of him and the Ninja. You think about our plan!" The skeleton glitched away.

Krux backed up until his back hit the cave walls. His eyes were starting to water and he ran his hands through his black hair. He didn't want to lose Acronix. He loved his twin, he was the only one he had left. He couldn't let that masked glitch hurt him. But, he had also hurt Acronix. Krux's mind went to how, forced Acronix looked when the two first went against the elemental masters. Like he didn't want to do it. But he agreed, was it just to please Krux and stay with him?

How unhappy Acronix was after coming back from the temporal vortex the first time and seeing how Krux still hated the elemental masters. Acronix hated that Krux had forced Maya and Ray to create the vermillion warriors armor and weapons. Acronix hated that they kidnapped Borg. Acronix hated being evil this whole time. He thought that it was Borg's fault for changing him. Krux thought that Borg made his brother go against him but in reality, it was Krux's own fault. He lost all of his family.

" I thought brothers were supposed to be there for each other, no matter what. I thought brothers accepted each other for who they are. I thought brothers listened to each other. I thought you were my brother. But you have done none of those things. You forced me to go back with you and be evil. You kidnapped my boyfriend and hurt my friends."

Krux gripped his hair as he remembered what Acronix said to him.

" My offer will forever be open for the day you realize you were wrong and want to come back to the good side."

Krux had to make the right choice. For most of his life, he had made the wrong one. Krux got up, grabbing his katana. He was going to take his twin's offer. He didn't care if it was a lie anymore. His sadness and anger about his parent's death had blinded him. " I'm sorry hermano it took me this long, but I want to change."