i.

| 01:27 am

“whooo! splashyyy..”

“hyung omygod its so dark. like sooo dark! very dark!”

“of course mark, it would be dark. its fucking one in the morning.”

“hey bad word!!”

“..why the heck am i friends with dumbasses like you?” kim doyoung, the only one who's not letting the alcohol in his body get the best of him, mumbles as he stares at his friends.

clearly, its not a good idea to party on a weekday, a Tuesday specifically and to top it all, they have a freaking test in one of their majors first thing in the morning. but did their careless asses cared? no. still attending a frat party, all was well and fun until the majority of the people in the group are already batshit drunk.

and now, doyoung was left to handle eight drunk grown men when he, himself is drunk as well. they were supposed to head home straight from the party when one of them, named johnny seo, whined about wanting to take a bath. doyoung was about to shrug it off as he was the one driving them home when johnny gasped so loud upon the sight of the sea, practically jumping off the car without warning and went straight to the waters. and what did the rest do? of course, idiotically follow johnny into the waters. good thing that they've only went barefooted and just splashing water at each other playfully and not swimming their asses into the water.

“i want to swim..” jinx. doyoung dumbfoundedly stares at his friend named kim jungwoo. “woo, no. do not do it.” he tries to talk calmly even though he's near to snapping and leaving his friends. but drunk jungwoo just puckers his lips more as his brows furrowed, “you're not the boss of me!”

“hell yeah!!” the youngest friend on their group, lee donghyuck, yells before running further into the sea until he tripped on something and fell face-first into the water.

“pfft dumb shit.” doyoung glances at the guy beside him, surprised to see him standing with him on the back as they watch their friends' actions. he is internally relieved seeing that jaehyun seems to be sober already. “hey, are you okay now?” doyoung asks to be sure.

jaehyun, jung jaehyun, nods proudly, “yeah. im good.” jumping on his feet, he then mutters, “i just need a head start.” if its possible to have his eyeballs rolling out, doyoung's eyeballs would be nowhere to find by this time as he is constantly shocked at his friends' actions. you need a what!?” but before he can do anything, jaehyun already sprinted into the water.

its not long before all of them sprints towards the deeper part of the ocean, splashing water into each other's faces, holding their breaths under the water as a competition to see who lasts longer and some of them even trying to drown someone. doyoung felt a little sad of course, seeing that his friends are enjoying, so muttering a quick 'fuck it' and putting the idiotic part of his brain to use, he strodes towards them, wetting his clothes. that even earned a cheer from his friends.

“oooh the moon's full!” moon taeil, the 'oldest yet tiniest baby' out of them suddenly gasps, head thrown back just so he can see the moon right above them.

“oh? i didnt know the moon can eat.”

“of course, moon taeil-hyung eats! are you planning on killing him by starving him?” johnny and their only japanese friend nakamoto yuta, argues with each other, clearly not understanding what taeil really meant by his statement.

“do you wanna hear a story?” jungwoo suddenly pipes in after glancing at the moon above them, “..its a myth that my grandparents used to tell me when i was still young.” and who are they to decline a bedtime story from their cute friend? gathering in a circle, they waited for jungwoo to tell them the 'myth' his grandparents told him before. they probably look like they're doing a sacred cult stuff in the middle of the night at the sea but they dont care as they are genuinely curious in jungwoo's story.

my grandpa always say we should always be mindful of the things around us, especially to what we do to the environment as they are important and precious. the same thing goes to the sea, for they provide us what we need like food

are you an environmental advocate? why are you lecturing us about that?

mark, for pete's sake, shut up. they collectively glared at their named friend for cutting off jungwoo's story before they ushered the storyteller to continue.

i'll get to the point then. scoffing at mark, jungwoo then continues, my grandpa said there's a gem, specifically a pearl, located in the deepest part of the sea. its usually invisible to human eyes most of the times but will become visible to mortals if the moon is at its peak. ages ago, humans tried to search for it. almost all of them were near to victory if not for a mystic creature guarding the gem. locating the gem at full moon and getting it is quite easy, whats not easy is going against the guard of it.

what does the guard look like? their canadian friend, mark lee, butted in again.

it is said to look magical..ethereal even. jungwoo describes, voice laced with awe and curiousity.

pfft for all i know, its just fake. jaehyun scoffs, not believing jungwoo's words, the guard probably looks hideouswith all that fangs, scales and horns and shit.

hey its full moon right? how about we go and get it right now? all the attention goes to the japanese who's just sporting a grin, the idea somewhat making him excited rather than concerned.

is that a challenge i hear? doyoung questions and that seems to do it for the rest of the guys.

blame it on the alcohol and their competitive asses, almost all of the guys with the exception of taeil and jungwoo, now lines up as they compete on who gets the pearl first.

you know, for a tactic, one should probably distract the guard. mark muses helpfully as donghyuck clicked his tongue in agreement before replying, yeah. be the distraction.

i'll be the WHAT!?

before mark could continue to complain in his new duty, the rest of the guys already started swimming to the further, more deeper part of the dark sea, one goal in their alcohol-filled mindsㅡ to get the pearl.