vi.

| 05:37 pm

“goodnesscant you be more careful?” jaehyun massages the bridge of his nose, trying to keep his composure at bay.

no one told him that he'd be basically babysitting a creature from the sea. seeing that merman seems to be staying in the land until the pearl would be given back to him, of course it would be jaehyun's responsibility to look for him until then. and to tell you honestly, its not easy looking out for the said being either.

sure, he isnt like some of his friends who seems to cant shut their mouths which is a relief but what's hard is the merman's short patience and his strong force on things. he's been stuck with jaehyun since earlier this day and up until now that he's been dismissed from his classes - garnering attention from some of his classmates but the merman's constantly glaring and has his brows furrowed when watching people so other people would have seconds thoughts about approaching him. and when he touches things - its guaranteed to be broken or smashed a few seconds after he grips onto it. also, the merman has this habit of not avoiding stuffs on his way, just straight up walking against it.

just like now, merman nearly knocked down the buildings of box piled along the hallway of their dorm. jaehyun doesnt even know why there are such things scattered around the area- its just that his friends are too lazy to clean up, including him too. maybe sneaking the merman inside their dorm and into jaehyun's room is not as easy as he thought it'd be.

“no noise, okay?” jaehyun raises a brow but then rolled his eyes when the merman just looks up at him with unamused look, “whatever - you wont listen to me either way.”

when they successfully entered jaehyun's room without any of his friends seeing them, jaehyun lets out a deep sigh. he was lucky his classes this day ends earlier than his friends' or else he wouldnt know how to sneak the merman inside their dorm. also, luck was truly on his side because he luckily chose a room for himself and doesnt have to share it with anyone - but now, the merman would stay and hide here until kun comes back from China with the pearl because as you all know, the merman stubbornly decided to wait for the pearl here in land rather than going back to the sea and coming back for it in two weeks. talk about trust issues.

“remember, you cant let anyone see you.” jaehyun once again reminded the merman, plopping on his bed while the merman is curiously walking around his room. “they dont know you and you dont know them - it'd be a chaos.”

“you know when the real chaos would happen?” the merman turns his head to look at jaehyun's lounging figure, “when you dont give the pearl back in two weeks.”

“stop threatening me!” jaehyun exclaimed as he scrunches his face, annoyed that the merman keeps on bringing the pearl up.

“look at you being all annoyed and triggered..” the merman taunts, face painted with faux worry, thats what you get for getting whats not yours.”

“i know i know.” jaehyun scratches his head in annoyance. sitting up from his position, he decided to head downstairs to rummage for food instead of talking with the merman who definitely doesnt want to stop reminding him about the pearl and threatening about it. “umm.. what food would you want? are you hungry?”

the merman's attention is now glued outside, glancing from the window of jaehyun's room and without glancing back to jaehyun, the merman mutters, “why? are you going to give me human meat?”

“human - WHAT??” jaehyun gasped, eyeballs almost jumping off from its sockets. “..y-you want a what?”

“human meat.” much to jaehyun's horror, the merman really said it again. “i only eat human meat.”

“do you really want m-me to.. um..” jaehyun gulps hard, so hard that the sound of him swallowing down could be heard. he's not serious, right? yeah, he's just kidding.

“yes.” the mystic creature now looks back at jaehyun, “whenever im hungry, i used to swim up and lure fishermen

“no no no no please no.” jaehyun cuts the merman off, hunching down and covering his face with both arms as if he's sheilding himself. “stop it. stop talking!”

struggling to crawl towards the door, jaehyun tries his best to avoid eye contact with the sea creature that's standing at the foot of his bed and was probably looking down at him in this situation, “i-i'll go out. and n-no.. no human.. human meat for you!”

upon reaching the door and twisting the knob open, jaehyun almost hit his head against the door before seeing the glorious exit. he then practically sprint downstairs, tripping on his way but successfully catching himself nonetheless.

“hyung, are you okay?” jaehyun straightens himself up at the sight of mark and donghyuck entering the house, coughing to relieve awkwardness, “me? yeah im okay. im fine.”

its a couple of seconds of awkward shared glances between the three of them before jaehyun forces a smile, “im suddenly hungry. are you hungry? im just gonna.. go make a quick snack.”

“he's acting weird.” donghyuck points out the moment jaehyun enters the kitchen area and  disappeared from their sight. mark then shrugs calmly, “..its jaehyun-hyung.”

meanwhile, jaehyun still cant calm himself in the kitchen. he's still freaked out that the merman actually asked him for a human flesh as a food.

how many fishermen did he lured already? what does it taste like? that's just.. ew.

with his face scrunching in pure disgust, jaehyun could feel tingles all over his nape by just thinking about it. a shout from upstairs then caught his attention--

“jaehyun-hyung! im borrowing your charger!!”

mark. merman. upstairs. my room.

quickly throwing whatever he's holding to the side, jaehyun runs upstairs again, afraid that his friend might see the merman he just sneaked inside their dorm. actually no, he's not afraid of mark finding the sea creature. what he's more afraid of is the merman seeing mark, he might pull some dumbshit to his friend.

“mark! wait

“OH MY GODJAEHYUN HYUNG!!!”