x.

| 03:09 pm

you didnt have to hit me you know. jaehyun pouted, rubbing the sore spot near on his collarbone where the merman landed a punch on last night. who knew those six harmless words would cause a pain like this. jaehyun thinks he cracked his collarbone at the punch given that the merman's strength is no joke. im pretty sure you broke a bone here.. maybe here too. he continued, gesturing to random parts of his collarbone and shoulder.

with a glare, the merman turns to him dont be such a baby and listen to your grumpy teacher. and now that the merman reminded him of it, jaehyun remembers that he is indeed in the middle of a lecture. he's suppose to be listening to his professor standing at the front and blabbering about an experience on his personal life but he's not and is actually enjoying bothering the merman instead.

pfft dont tell me you're actually listening to him? jaehyun asked and got surprised when the merman nodded without sparing him a glance since he's focused at the person at the front, yeah. thats why i tagged along with you.

huh? i thought you wanted my company.. mumbling, jaehyun furrowed his brow. he really thought the merman is being clingy with him when he said he wanted to come with jaehyun to the university. whatever. i'll continue annoying you either way. slumping on his chair even more, jaehyun proceeds to poke the person beside him every three seconds, not cutting eye contact and is looking at the merman with wide, puppy eyes just to annoy him.

you know, you really look kind when you smile. how about you smile more? its nice when you do that. jaehyun stated and finally catches the merman's attention. how about you shut up? as usual, the merman brushed him off, scoffing before turning his attention back at the front again.

jaehyun isnt lying though. the merman indeed looks kind and cute when he smiled childishly last night. before, jaehyun is starting to think that the merman's emotions is just composed of anger, being mean, bitterness and the desire to killㅡ but seeing the merman's smile, he stood corrected.

jaehyun doesnt even know why but he suddenly has this feeling of wanting to see the merman smile more, be less uptight and be carefree. in that moment, jaehyun has decided. he's determined to make the merman smile again - even if he has to deal with sore spots, broken bones and all.

five pm and jaehyun finally lets out a loud yawn when the prof announced the dismiss of lecture, hey, do you wanna go somewhere else before going home? the merman raises a brow at his sudden question, where? jaehyun grinned, standing abruptly and held the merman's wrist as he pulls him towards the exit of the room, ..we're going to have fun.

exiting the university gates with jaehyun's hands still holding the merman's wrist, he asked, hey bubu, have you ever been here before? he was ready to get hit or replied with a scolding from the merman but luckily, bubu answered calmly this time, yes. years ago.