xvii.

| 04:18 pm

their get-away's first day was spent swimming in the ocean despite the sun literally shining down at them which now, has taken a toll on them as most of the guys are now aching and whining because of sunburns whilst the others seems like statues draped on the couch and seats - too tired to even move a finger. on their second day, they spent half of the day just lounging around the house, mostly staying in the patio.

it was around four in the afternoon when taeil and doyoung went back from walking around the neighborhood, informing them about how they befriended an elderly who was walking home from the grocery and how the elderly told them to visit the local pool upon knowing that both younger guys came to the place for a small get-away.

“..should we try night-swimming?”

“would the owner allow that?”

“duh. why dont we go and find out?”

and that's how they found themselves marching to the said local pool with duffel bags in hand since they wanted to stay a little longer for their night-swimming. taeil and doyoung got surprised when the man they met an hour ago was actually the owner of the pool.

“i got excited when you told me you came over the place for your get-away..” the elderly babbled, walking them into the pool area “you see, we rarely have people visiting the place. in summer, the people that visits here are only those who are now working in the city or somewhere far away that goes here for their families.” then he chuckles lightly, shaking his head, “..its nice that you guys went to our place.”

after settling their things by the poolside, the elderly then proceeded to tell them where the safety jackets and floaties are placed incase they wanted to use one, first aid kit and where the grill is if they have plans on having barbecue.

“um mister, can we stay here a little later than seven?” jungwoo shyly asked when the elderly is busy flicking the lights around the area open since its turning dusk.

“yeah, thats no problem” the owner smiles at them when they cheered amongst themselves, “you can have fun here as long as you want.”

“um but what if we got too loud though? we dont want to bother anyone.”

that made the elderly laugh heartily, finding these bunch of college kids different from others who are inconsiderate and such “no worries. as you can see, the closest house is located down the street, like a minute-walk down from here - i doubt your loudness is going to be heard there.” well, that is a relief for the group since we all know how loud their laughters and cheers can get when they have fun, “have a good time, hm?” a chorus of agreement came after that, the fond smile on the elderly's lips never faltering as he somehow feels nostalgic seeing this group of boys.

the night quickly rolled in, time ticking without them taking a note of it since they're much busy having fun doing silly things and all that. they had barbecue for dinner as they blasted out songs using the speaker mark had brought.

laughter, yelling and cheering voices fill up the air as the night breeze blow so slightly. for once, jaehyun sits still. he's usually the one who's borderline batshit drunk at times like this but with the merman by his side, he finds enjoyment clinging into the merman rather than drinking cups of alcohol and urging his friends to do stupid things. he giggles at the sight of his friends, arm hooked with the merman's as he rests his head on bubu's shoulder, eyes blinking slowly as he is basking off the merman's warmth.