iv.

| 08:37 am

“iridesㅡ..what?”

jaehyun groans, clearly frustrated that none of his friends are as curious as him as to what really happened to them a few nights ago at the beach. “..iridescent tail. ir-i-des-cent tail.” he talked slowly as if he's talking to a toddler. “you know, that rainbow-like mixture of color..”

“so you mean to say that the thing that pulled you down the ocean has a tail and its color is rainbow-like..?” taeil narrates what he understand from talking to jaehyun for an hour now.

jaehyun sighs in relief before nodding in agreement, happy to see that taeil's catching up on what he's saying instead of gaping at him like a water-deprived fish.

“wow that's so cool. he has a taste, huh.” taeil muses, nodding as if he approved on the choices of color.

or so i thought. jaehyun rubs his palm against his face in a frustrating manner, “hyung, that's not the point.” he sighs once again, “what im saying is that it has a tail! a freaking tail! the thing that pulled me down that night was a merm

“seriously, what the fuck.”

rolling his eyes to partically no one, jaehyun then shots the person who interrupted him an unamused look. “what happened to you?”

doyoung, the one who barged in, situates himself on one of the vacant seats, putting down his backpack on the table in a harsh manner, “the prof cancelled our class the last minute.” he grumbled, pulling out his phone from his jean's backpocket, “i mean, he couldve done it hours ago, right? that way i wouldnt have to wake up early and head for his class in the middle of this hard rain.”

“oh yeah, our prof cancelled our class too due to the weather.” taeil shared.

now that its been mentioned, the weather lately has been really bad. its never really their profs' habit to cancel classes even if there's rain or storm but today is an exception. according to the weather report, there's no storm or typhoon but its still raining hard. really hard.

just then, the door opens again. jungwoo, mark and yuta went in with their clothes slightly soaked by the rain. “ugh i shouldnt have gone outside.”

“pfft i told you, geniuses.” donghyuck then strode into the room with a mug in hand, still in his boxers and loose shirt as he just got out of bed. “and yet no one ever listens to me.” he scoffs sarcastically, talking about last night when he insisted that classes would be suspended for today yet as expected, none of his friends listened except for jaehyun and taeil who agreed on not going to the university because they felt lazy.

“there's no storm but why is the weather's like this?”

“probably because jaehyun stole the pearl.” doyoung sarcastically answered, snickering after that.

“makes sense..” jungwoo muses, earning a blank look from most of the guys who find it nonsense, the environment is not happy about it.”

jungwoo actually has a point at what he just concluded. but does the rest of the guys acknowledge it? no. because as much as they were sober enough to know what really happened back at the beach, they chose to blame it on the alcohol's effect and deemed that creatures like that dont exist at modern times like this. even johnny who had a brief look of the 'mystic creature' also considers it as a result of tipsiness. jaehyun, however, just cant forget and move on from it. he knew what he saw, thats for sure but its making him restless too, was it really possible? was that really what he thinks it is?

“its not like they cant do something about it, right?” taeil asks, sending each one of his friends a look. “there are hundreds of pearl in the sea. they could just get another one from a shell and place it where the 'important pearl' used to be.” he advices as if all the other pearl in the sea has the same importance. “or maybe they'll just forget about it eventually.”

“maybe so.” johnny, who was actually gathered around with them, joined. “also, its been two days since it happened.. if they really need the pearl then they should've come for it already.”

oh. he has a point too though. if the pearl is really important as what the myth has deemed it to be, then something, or someone, shouldve come to get it back from them, right? its been days since that and nothing happened to them. maybe, like what taeil said, they've forgot about it or because its not that important.

“uhuh. we better pray that they did forget about that or we'd be dealing with unknown creaturesif it really does exist.” donghyuck states a matter of factly, slightly scared just thinking of the hideous things that might come after them in search of the pearl.

“..plus, didnt jaehyun-hyung gave away the pearl already?”

the day after is nothing like yesterday. the sun has finally shone together with the blue skies, comfy warmth and gentle wind. its like the weather's switch has been flipped.  but with the great weather like that comes the dreaded class.

jaehyun unfortunately has an eight am class for that day, he was planning on missing it on purpose but he pushed himself to get ready as he realized that he's been slacking so much these past few weeks.

he went downstairs and was met by a chaotic sight. living with your friends may be exciting and fun but it has downsides too, like now that most of his friends are already up and are rushing to their respective classesㅡ crowding the kitchen as they try to make their own breakfast. it looks like more of a market place with people fighting over goods than a peaceful eating area.

a rather loud sound that came from their front door caught all of their attention, silencing their mouths and halting their actions. their heads are turned to where their front door isㅡ then it came again. a loud sound on their door that sounded like a hand was smacked against the wood in a harsh and strong manner. then again, and again.

jaehyun took the initiative to approach the door himself as he was concerned that their door would be thrown down if they dont stop the smacking from the other side. even as he was striding towards it, the smacking didnt stop, only turning harsher and stronger even. turning the knob and swinging the door open, jaehyun growls - ..the fuck you want!?

a hand immediately snaked up to his throat, fingers pressing against the side of it as it was determined to cut the flow of air. with much surprise, he looked down on the person that owns the hand on his throatㅡ his eyes then widened. it's him! the guy from the sea!!

..where's the pearl?