xiii.

| 08:39 pm

“tss.. he shouldve handed these yesterday.” jaehyun grumbled to himself as his fingertips hit the keyboard of his laptop quite harshly, “this is such a hassle.”

college life it truly is. one moment you could be out there, breathing the fresh air so deeply and laughing your ass off as you indulge in being stress-free and the next second, you're already doing loads of schoolworks all at one time. just like jaehyun, he was totally having the fun of his life yesterday and now he's facing a problem that's composed of ten-pages of reading, three essays, some homeworks and a project.

“hey, jaehyun!” taeil's voice resounded from the other side of the door as he knocks on the wood for a couple of times, “we're going out! you gonna come with us?”

should i go with them? pondering for a moment, jaehyun halted the movements of his fingers, but i still have to finish this“yeah wait for me!” jaehyun's dedication and will of finishing his schoolworks flew off the window as he hopped off his bed. a faint 'okay' was heard from taeil. then he searches through his wardrobe for a new shirt - getting rid of the shirt he was wearing only to replace it with a shirt of the same color.

when he got downstairs, he realized that all of them decided to go out including bubu who was sitting on the couch with doyoung. it seemed like they were just waiting for him since as soon as they saw him coming down the stairs, they started ushering towards the door. they didnt have to take a cab in going to the night market because its just a walking distance from their apartment, plus its good to have a breath of chilly air of the night some times.

when they arrived at the night market, they automatically split up in pairs or more since they wanted different snacks - jaehyun tagging along with johnny and yuta as they approach a certain stall. eyes shifting between people, jaehyun looks for a certain someone whom he lost his sight on the moment they arrived there - bubu. he then saw him together with doyoung and jungwoo and somehow he felt relieved that bubu is clearly going well along with his friends and isnt being left out. wait - since when did i start caring for him?

“..jaehyun!” jolting a little, jaehyun whips his head to turn to look at yuta, “what? did you say something?” his friend cocked an eyebrow at him before pointing to the food displayed on their chosen stall, “what would you like?” he blinked a couple of times before catching up on the situation, stuttering as he states his order.

his order in one hand and a drink on the other, jaehyun walks towards the long table that his friends are occupying, almost all of them are seated there already as they pick from each other's disposable food plate. taking a seat beside bubu, jaehyun heard mark asking, “who's your partner on the Literature project?” in which bubu replies with, “um.. that guy named eunwoo.”

“wait..what!?” jaehyun furrows his brow, looking at the male beside him “i thought we're doing it together?” surprised at jaehyun's sudden burst, bubu chewed slowly on his food before reasoning out, “..the teacher did the partnering.” clearly in disbelief, jaehyun scoffed, “you're not in the students' list.” bubu nod at that since its true; he's not a student at the university therefore he's not listed down on the list but, “the number of students in that class is not even so there would be three students doing the project together. eunwoo was supposed to be grouped with other two students but he didnt want to so he asked me to be his partner instead.” squinting his eyes at the merman, jaehyun let out a defeated sigh, “who's my partner then?” that, the merman doesnt know. giving a slight shrug indicating that he has no clue, the merman continued eating his food while a pissed-off jaehyun is sitting by his side.