ix.

| 7:09 pm

“everyone, this is my friend.” jaehyun started, sporting a wide smile as he faces his friends who's genuinely intrigued about the guy who he came home with, “he's from.. Jeju. he got the chance to study on our university through scholarship - awesome, right??” the dimpled boy grinned so excitedly that his friends cant help but to nod along, “but they just informed him the last minute that they wouldnt be shouldering his housing so being the kind and generous person that i am, i offered him to stay with us.” jaehyun narrates, feeling proud of the excuse he actually made on the spot, even the merman looks at him with a puzzled look since it was not the excuse they've agreed on earlier.

a series of hi's and hello's resounded the place before doyoung asked, “what's your name?”

“bubu.” eyes shifting to jaehyun, doyoung cocks his head to the side a little - finding it weird how jaehyun was the one who answered his question and finding the new person's name quite.. unique.

taeil lets out a chuckle as he points out, “that's a cute name.”

“where is he staying though? which room?”

opening his mouth to answer, a soft voice cut him off, “oh you can stay with me!” jungwoo offered, “i have a bunkbed anyway and no one's occupying the top bunk.”

okay but what if the merman does something to his friend? what if jungwoo would accidentally piss him off and the merman would harm him? what if - “yeah sure, he can stay with you.” jaehyun decides, shrugging nonchalantly. “that's fine, right?” after he nudged the merman, the smaller male sent him a glare before turning back to face the others, “its fine.. thank.. you.” jaehyun cant help but to be surprise that the merman actually thanked jungwoo - the tone seems hesitant and dry but atleast he did.

after introducing each of his friends to the merman, all of them sat down to eat. thankfully, his friends are considerate enough not to ask further questions about the merman's identity - or maybe they were just warming up to the new guy and would be rowdy around him once they became close.

“uh were just gonna get his things.” standing up, jaehyun gestures the merman to do the same.

following jaehyun to the staircase, the both of them halts on their steps when mark pointed out, “i thought you're going to get his things?”

“um.. his things are.. in my room.”

“oh? really?” mark whispers, “i didnt saw you walk upstairs with luggages earlier though.”

“.. anyways, we need to get going.” giving his friends a forced smile, jaehyun jogged up the stairs without waiting for the merman - wanting to escape his friends' interrogation because its stressing him to think of any excuses and alibi.

after the merman caught up with him in his room, he flatly said, “seriously? im from jeju?”

duh. i dont want to think of new excuses everyday just so you can stay here. using that excuse, they wont be suspiscious as to why you're staying here.” jaehyun reasons out before moving his brows up and down, “i have a sexy brain, dont i?”