xiv.

| 02:36 pm

“that's it for our discussion for today.” the prof declared, earning a couple of relieved sighs from the students but she tuts a finger as if to say 'no, you cant relax yet' before continuing, “im going to let you use the remainder of our time to discuss the project i've given you with your partners.” disappointing but the students dont have a choice but to follow, some of them standing up to approach their project partners as some of them stays on their seats, waiting for someone to approach them.

now that its mentioned, jaehyun turns to look at the person beside him with narrowed eyes, remembering the fact that the merman (unintentionally) dropped him for his friend, eunwoo.

“stop staring at me.” glaring back at jaehyun, bubu seethed.

childishly, jaehyun huffed as he crossed his arms, “i cant believe you chose him over me.”

again with this, the merman internally groaned. “i told you, i didnt know we're automatically partners so i agreed to him

“um excuse me..” a small, girly voice interrupted bubu's sentence. both males looks up at the face of a female who's now standing infront of them - looking shy and hesitant, “..yes?” jaehyun asked, examining the girl - she is familiar to him since they're sharing a few subjects but he failed to know what her name is nor does he remember conversing with her prior to this one.

“um, we're.. ms. park told me we're going to do her project.. together.” the girl faintly informed as jaehyun's mouth forms into an 'o', so she's my partner?  “uh.. naeun. my name's naeun.” the girl offered her hand in which jaehyun accepted and shook, “..jaehyun.”

naeun then grabbed the chair infront, turning it before she situates herself, now sitting infront of them “so, about the project..” without wasting more second, naeun started blaberring about her plans on the said project. jaehyun is, for once, listening well to her and it stretches for a good couple of minutes.

but arent we still talking?  taeyong mentally complained, eyeing the girl across him. how rude of you to just jump on someone's conversation. taeyong noted that the girl simply ignored him, not even sparing him a smile nor a brief glance. tss whatever, i can get his attentionㅡ

“hey there you are.” a voice resounded, cutting jaehyun and naeun's conversation and bubu's internal complaining. “i was starting to think you were absent today.” eunwoo smiled, he then takes a seat on bubu's other side before asking, “so, do you have any ideas for the project?” the question isnt harmful, infact there's no 'hidden meaning' to it if you just think meticulously, just an innocent question about the project but jaehyun's brow is now furrowed, eyes twitching as he looks closely at the way eunwoo is leaning towards the merman, their shoulders touching and heads almost leaning onto one another.

why is he letting him do that? doesnt he suppose to reject skinship like what he did to me? didnt he punch me in the stomach when i tried to swing my shoulder around him the first time? why isnt he doing the same to him? are they even close? if yes, then when did they became so? i dont remember introducing them to each other. why the fuck is he allowing himㅡ

“..jaehyun!” naeun's voice interrupted his nonstop questions and jaehyun takes a deep breath, calming himself before facing her again, “hmm? yeah go on, im listening.” but is he really listening? yeah, no.