xvi.

| 09:19 am

loud incessant banging on the door woke jaehyun up, with donghyuck's voice yelling, jaehyun-hyung! open up! kicking his feet like a child throwing a tantrum, jaehyun huffed as he is clearly not happy that his deep sleep is cut short by his friend, ..what do you want? he asked, voice hoarsed and rough.

im not telling you unless you open the door! there's a teasing tone in donghyuck's voice, obvious that he is charged and energized - which made jaehyun became more pissed off.

swinging his feet to the side and down to the cold floor, jaehyun sat up hastilyㅡ aw! aghh. he then fell to the side, bouncing a little against the mattress as he clutched on the top of his head. why did i forgot about the bunkbed?

..jaehyun? with that voice, jaehyun peeked an eye open only to see the merman looking down at him from the top bunk with a confused face, what happened to you?

oh, nothing. acting like he's all fine and shrugging the pounding ache on top of his head, jaehyun smiles at the merman.

and then the loud banging comes again, jaehyun-hyung!! open this! this kid, really. now cautious of the bed on top of his, jaehyun stood up from the bed and walked towards the door, swinging it open to reveal a beaming donghyuck, what do you want?

we're having breakfast! the youngest informed, the both of you should come down and then we're going swimming! at that, jaehyun waved a dismissive hand briefly before shutting the door on donghyuck's face, clearly not catching up on the energy his friend is possessing at such an early hour of the day.

jaehyun didnt noticed that bubu got down from the topbunk, only realizing it as they almost bumped into each other, are you going downstairs?

hmm. the merman hummed, nodding slightly.

then i'll be left alone here? he's going to leave me here? okay then, wait for me.

when they reached the bottom floor, all of the other guys are looking energized - smiling and chatting lightly with each other, opposite of the usual scenario you'd see when they get ready for their classes. i guess they're excited to go swimming - jaehyun thought as he took a sit on one of the vacant chairs around the dining table.

moments later and they're already zooming out of the house and running on the vast shore towards the sea. even jaehyun who woke up on the wrong side of the bed is now launching forward the waters, his mood had turned opposite.

it was all fun and laughter when one of the guys noticed someone who's just lounging by the shore, a small smiled etched on his face as he looks at them. doyoung got johnny's attention and gestured to the said guy on the shore and with a single eyecontact, they've decided on a prank to pull. the pair then sneakily went out of the waters and approached the male quietly.

taeyong feels at ease now, the new friends he's made is infront of him enjoying the swim as they splash, toss and drowned one another in the ocean - in a playful way, of course. but noticing a movement and a shadow behind him, taeyong turned his head but yelped out of surprise when a pair of hands hoisted him up by his under-arm and someone, who is actually johnny, went infront of him to hold his feet from kicking. ..gotchu. the person behind him stated and taeyong looks up to see doyoung who is laughing at his helpless state. both males carried him up and into the waters.