xxiv.

| 05:21 pm

“..are you okay?” with keen eyes, jaehyun watches taeyong drink all the contents from the water bottle, third water bottle actually. taeyong spares him a brief glance, choosing to nod than to give a verbal answer instead.

morning rolled, the pair went on their classes, did a laboratory together, had lunch with some of the other guys, then attended a two-hour lecture and finally they're dismissed for the day. all day with busy works  yet all jaehyun noticed was taeyong was being.. distant  today. spacing off at most times, he'd only nod or shake his head rather than verbally answering and if he ever does verbally, its just short responses. he's quiet.. too quiet. jaehyun is actually itching on asking the other guy what on earth is wrong but he held himself down, respecting taeyong's decision to keep things to himself - but if he ever needs someone to talk to, jaehyun swears he's right there and would listen to him intently.

“you look tired.” jaehyun once again initiated a conversation between the both of them on their way home, lightly squeezing the merman's hands on his own in order to get his attention as the other guy spaces off again “are you still having a hangover?”

“yeah, i think so.”

“you're so quiet today..” jaehyun cant really keep his mouth shut for his own sake, “i mean.. i just - i noticed..”

using his other hand, the merman held jaehyun's arm that was holding his hand as he snuggled closer to the taller male, “..i feel drained.”

“see? i told you not to drink too much last night.” jaehyun clicked his tongue in disapproval, letting taeyong rests his head on his shoulder “do you want soup? i can ask doyoung-hyung to cook a hangover soup for you. maybe i should bring a pitch of water to our room too because you seemed dehydrated tod

“just accompany me later in the shower.” the merman cuts off his ramble, cocking his head to the side as he looked at jaehyun.

taeyong reconsiders his offer and almost take it back when jaehyun grins widely, gladly.

just like what they've agreed on earlier- jaehyun and taeyong sneaked out of their room when everyone's fast asleep at the dead of the night.

“..are you sure the tub wont break?” warily, the merman glances at jaehyun who's standing at the foot of the tub with only a swimming trunks on and matching the ones that he's wearing - yep, they have matching trunks. so freaking sappy.

jaehyun, being the idiot that he is, proposed the idea of dipping together with taeyong in the tub earlier. the merman thought of it as a joke - but clearly, it wasnt.

“trust me, it wont..” jaehyun insists, raising a foot in the air before stepping inside the tub and finally sitting in the other end. good thing that the merman chose not to transform his legs into his tail or they wouldnt fit in the tub at this case.

with their knees folded and pressed up against their chests, both males looks at each other despite the room being illuminated by just light from the streetlight outside that seeps through the small window above - bursting into laughter a couple of seconds later.