xix.

| 07:47 am

“will you let m- no. thats too formal.” jaehyun tilts his head to the side, momentarily stopping the actions of his palms against his head with a towel between them as he is drying his hair, “should we go and grab lunch togeno no no.” puffing his cheeks, the male cant help but to feel hopeless with himself, not finding the right words to use in his attempt of forming a proper invite. “when are you frdo you have spare time? maybe we could eat ugh. thats not it!” stomping a foot down, jaehyun is near to throwing a childish tantrum because of his dilemma. i didnt know asking someone out is such a difficult thing to do. well, he knows he could just ask some sappy pick-up lines and smooth gestures from his friends and use it but he wants to ask nicely with his own idea. he just freaking wants to do it properly. “..i suck at this.”

“JAEHYUN!”

just then, continous smacking against the bathroom door was heard after his name was called, jaehyun slightly jumping on his place as he got surprised. “what?”

“hurry up! i need to shower too, you know?” yuta, as he recognized from the voice, reasons out from the other side of the door. “im running late but i cant go to class smelling bad.”

dragging himself towards the door, jaehyun swings the door open. yuta almost falling over as he was leaning against the door. the younger male was about to walk passed his friend when he heard the japanese snicker, jaehyun raised an eyebrow at his friend who looked at him with a smile, “are you planning on taking him out on a date?”

“whawhat are you talking about?” jaehyun might've succeed on acting clueless, if only he also hide the defensive lilt on his voice and the reddening of his ears because it completely gave him away, causing the smile on his friend's face to stretch wider, “oh, you know what i mean.” then the door slammed shut on his face. wait- i shouldve asked yuta-hyung on how to properly ask someone out..

when he arrived at the kitchen, bubu was already sitting in one of the dining chairs - thankfully, it was still just the two of them, meaning they can talk without the nonstop teasings from his friends. jaehyun situated himself on the sit beside bubu, earning a brief glance from the smaller male as he greets him with a dimpled smile.

jaehyun's eyes then flickered down, realizing something that made his heartbeat go haywire yet again, “are you wearing my shirt?”

looking down for a few seconds, the merman shrugged nonchalantly, “i always wear your shirt.”

always? what does he mean by that? is he taking shirts from my closeㅡ   jaehyun's racing thoughts died down when he remembered that he, in fact, did lent some of his clothing to the merman. tsk, i thought he took some of my shirts in his own will. that couldve been cute. pouting, jaehyun then proposes the idea that popped into his head, “hmm. maybe i should lend you more of my clothes then.” because not gonna lie, bubu indeed is looking cute with his shirts, jaehyun's shirts.

Jung Jaehyun is panicking. the moment they stepped out of the house to walk to the university, he's been restless since then. the walking-distance from their apartment to the university is a great advance, given that they could save money for their transportation and walk instead if they're not tiredㅡ but not at situation like this. not when the university gates would be in sight just a few meters ahead, not when his time is already running low and not when his brain is still ransacking an answer on How To Hold The Merman's Hand as he is itching to do so. the constant brushes of the back of their hands against each other's is not helping either, making him blush as red as a ripe tomato.