xxvii.

| 06:13 am

jaehyun sighs the moment he woke up. the numbing and heavy feeling making its way to his system at such an early hour - at this point, feeling like this is already a daily occurence since its been happening for a month or so, ever since he strangely woke up with a pink bunnie plushie beside him and tears in the corner of his eyes.

since then, he has this weird sudden droppings of his usual upbeat personality. he just feels dejected and broken at most times of his days - starting from the moment he wakes up, showering and walking his way to university, sometimes he spaces off during classes as he often feels his heart clenching over nothing.

its as if he just got his heart broken - but he doesnt know by who. he doesnt even remember having an active lovelife, for fuck's sake. he tries to shrug the heavy feelings off, only to come back and haunt him whenever he's alone at night when he goes to sleep.

just when he rolls to his side, the door of his room bursted open and jungwoo strides inside. “hyung, do you still have those blue beads? i need it for a project since my prof wants our project to have creativity.” the younger rolls his eyes the same time he said the last word, “gosh, i seriously think we dont need that in our scoring rubric anymore - what are we? kindergarteners?”

jaehyun chuckles lightly at that, waving his hand in the air, “yeah, its.. wherever. just search for it.” another strange thing is that he always found blue beads inside his room, and there are many. whatever, one of the younger guys mightve spilled their beads here. jaehyun decides along with that since its the most possible reason as to why there are beads in his room when he doesnt even use them - aside from his younger friends who are fond of making bracelets and gifting them.

“found some.” jungwoo smiles triumpanthly after some minutes of crawling around jaehyun's room in search for beads. he then plopped himself on jaehyun's bed, taking a closer look at the beads he collected, “these looks like aquamarine.” he quipped, an excited smile on his face as he remembers something, “my grandparents once told me that aquamarines are mermaid's tears.”

“are you saying that i've broke a mermaid's heart?” jaehyun asked, a light laugh bubbling on his chest, “no way.”

“why not? im sure there are chances of mermaids or mermans visiting here though.” the dimpled boy smiled at his friend, finding his persistency cute before jungwoo continues, “we would never know. you've probably slept with one of them at frat parties.”

“a mermaid?” jaehyun muttered, humming as he thinks, “i'll pass to that. i heard they're scale-y, hideous and mean.”

oh, if only he knew then the joke would be on him.

the day went on as usual, jaehyun walking to the university with some of his friends, going to classes with sicheng, having lunch with them, to attending more lectures and finally going home.

on the kitchen, he was met by mark who was grumbling to himself. “whats wrong with you?”

rolling his eyes, mark then starts to rant, “i walked in on yuta-hyung and sicheng-hyung making out. at the bathroom. freaking bathroom. gosh, we shower there!”