caeruleus sea \ end.

| 02:49 am

+ seven years later

jaehyun blinks up at the ceiling blankly, chest that was heaving up and down frantically minutes ago was now rosing beating calmly. there's a faint noise of cars zooming or just plainly honking outside but its way too faint that it didnt help him to silence his thoughts.

its just two in the morning yet he's now awake. he was having a good night sleep but weird snippets and flashing images that kept on reappearing while he's dreaming made him cut his sleep.

a fish's tail.

why the fuck did i dreamt of a fish's tail? again?

his dream is way too vivid that it actually scared him for a moment. but there's familiarity in it. like it happened to him but just a distant memory. or maybe thats because i've been dreaming about it for a few weeks now..

but no, it cant be a fish's tail.

a fish's tail doesnt have a hue of a rainbow mixture.  or atleast he doesnt know of a type of fish which has the same color as that - an iridescent mixture of color.

the weird part is that he seemed.. happy to see it, like he's somehow relieved but at the same time, his heart aches at the thought of it. and he doesnt know why.

maybe jisung's words are finally getting back to me? he thinks, recalling the strange encounter with the younger boy years ago who talked about a merman, but that's so impossible. mermaids doesnt exist. plus, he knows a child as young as jisung that time has a very wide imagination so he knows better than to believe him. its simply impossible.

maybe it has something to do with my past life?

jaehyun was quick to cross out that thought, it could be possible but his idiotic ass refuses to acknowledge that he was a fish back then.

tossing and turning around his bed, jaehyun's eyes landed on the window by his side. no matter how long it was since he started staying at this building, he couldnt be tired of his view up here, which is beautiful at dayttime as it is breathtaking when darkness fills the sky.

his view starts from up in the dark sky littered with starry glitters, accompanied by the big and bright moon as the bottom part of his view were the illumanated skyscrapers.

jaehyun thinks back to that one night when he was still in college, when he helplessly cried upon seeing the moon due to the sadness eating him up. not going to lie tho, he still feels empty at times. he still feel that type of unknown deep sadness within the years that had passed, suddenly appearing out of nowhere even though he's completely, utterly, happy and contented with what's happening in his life, the only development he has is that he learnt how to conceal it with blank face and fake smiles at times.

the moon is in crescent shape right now, he noted, still staring at his window that's made out of glass. funny, just by staring at the moon hurts him at times but it comforts him too like now. unknowingly, jaehyun started to slip on his dreamland again.