xxiii.

| 10:17 pm

“im sorry..” jaehyun blurts out after almost an hour of silence between taeyong and him.

they've already went back from kun's place and are now laying beside each other on jaehyun's bed - laid on their backs and staring up at the ceiling.

“what for?”

“for disappointing you.” turning on his side, jaehyun slips his hand between his face and the pillow, facing the merman. “i was supposed go give it back to you today.”

“its okay..” i never wanted to go back anyway.. the merman showed him a small smile, turning to lay on his side too, “kun says he's just going to tell his uncle to ship it so its fine.”

cupping taeyong's jawline, jaehyun gives him a dimpled smile, rubbing his thumb on taeyong's cheeks afterwards, “i'd surely miss you when you go back, you know. like a lot. i'll probably cry too.”

“you wont.”

jaehyun pouted as he faked an offended expression, “how can you say so? are you saying that i am lying?”

“what? no.” taeyong denied yet he failed to conceal the chuckle that escaped his lips. “you wont miss me, i just know it.”

“why do you think so?”

with wide smile, taeyong reasoned out, “because im going to kill you. i told you the last time didnt i?”

jaehyun's chest rumbles as a fit of laughter erupted from him, “you wont do that.”

“oh you're confident, huh.” the merman scoffed. there's a playful light dancing on his eyes that didnt went unnoticed by jaehyun so the dimpled-guy smiles widely, “uhuh. i just know you cant.”

“i wont.” voice as small as a whisper, the merman then pinches jaehyun's cheeks - earning a groan from the other guy before he resumes, “but i'll make sure you wont get hurt when i leave.”

when morning came, everything happens as what normally happens at most days. the highlight as what they've assumed is when they gathered all at kun's place as a welcoming for his friends. some of them met the others since they were introduced to each other via video calls or through kun's stories but its the first time they got to spend time together.

donghyuck already knew yangyang as they've shared a few classes earlier. same with chittaphon and sicheng who had a subject with jaehyun and taeyong after lunch. and also, mark already met xiaojun and kunhang.

everyone already met the new guys at some point so there was never an awkward air around the group - infact they're ready a mess at the living room after the dinner as they chose to have a drink.

“oh, i should introduce you to norenmin. donghyuck babbled after drinking the entirity of his red cup - clearly tipsy. his statement earned a confused look from the three guys across him and xiaojun asked in curiosity, “who's norenmin?”