xxvi.

| 10:15 pm

why was this inside of jaehyun's hoodie pocket?

does he know the pearl's there all this time?

what if he does? why did he do it?

taeyong felt his heart clenched the moment he steps down from the last step of stairs and made eye contact with jaehyun.

“hey what took you so long?” with his voice toned down in a hush, jaehyun tugged the merman by the wrist to sit on his side. swinging his arm around taeyong's shoulder, the younger then pulled him closer to his frame.

“yeah. i had a hard time choosing a hoodie.”

jaehyun's eyes flickered down on the clothing the merman was wearing - widening just a bit as if he realized something before he blinks up to observe any reactions from the latter, “do you want us to talk now?”

so he knows, taeyong concluded.

he should be angry at jaehyun. he should be thrashing around demanding an explanation as to why the pearl is in jaehyun's hoodie when kun clearly told them it was left back in china. he should be cursing at jaehyun for letting him go through days of getting weak, hyperventilating, having such burning fevers and almost passing out - given that the precious gem connects with his being and life and neither of them is back in the ocean where they both belonged. he should be walking out of the house right now and vow to never see jaehyun again.

but is he doing one of those right now? no.

is he planning on doing those things? no.

not when he's deeply inlove with jaehyun. not when taeyong, himself, doesnt want to go back yet. not when he doesnt want to leave jaehyun yet - or ever. not when he actually feels a little bit thankful for what jaehyun did as it gave them a short extension of their limited time. not when he already consider giving up his life just so he could be with jaehyun for the last time.

swinging his arm around jaehyun's torso, taeyong buried his face in the crook of jaehyun's neck, “..no. just continue watching the movie.” he demanded before hearing jaehyun sigh. they can discuss whatever the hell there is to discuss later. a few more hours of acting like everything's fine wouldnt hurt, right? for the meantime, he's going to make his remaining time worth it.

the time passes by and before they know it, the movie already came to an end. most of the guys scattered around the place were sleeping deeply and probably halfway into their dreams or just dozing off - either way, they should be heading to their rooms now.

with silence reigning between the both of them, jaehyun and taeyong made their way upstairs. tiredly slipping between the covers and mattress as each of them let out deep sighs - laying on their backs while staring at the ceiling. such tranquility yet their thoughts are bouncing loudly against the corners of their brain.

“..im sorry.” jaehyun sat up, being the one to break the silence-filled room as he starts feeling the corner of his eyes stinging while he fidgets with the covers.