xviii.

| 10:29 am

“oh myㅡ” immediately covering his mouth with his palm, mark whips his head in search for any of his friends. when he sees yuta exiting his room, mark quickly waved his hands and thankfully caught the japanese's attention.

“what? what's happeni oh. a sickly sweet grin made its way to yuta's lips after his gaze landed on where mark is desperately pointing at, hands fishing his phone out of his short's pockets before holding it up between the slightly opened door with its camera now zooming on the reason why mark freaked out earlier, tsk. these disgustingly sappy idiots..”

“psst.” both men turned their heads to where a whisper was heard, only to be met by a curious jungwoo that asked, “what are you doing?”

pointing their fingers to the scene, jungwoo took a peek inside the room as well, giggling quietly when he saw what his two friends were gushing about earlier, “hyung, you took photos right? send some to me for future blackmailing purposes.” the puppy-like boy moved his brows up and down and yuta eargerly nods in agreement, snapping a couple more shots of the people inside the room before they walk away, smiling to themselves as they found the sight cute.

meanwhile, jaehyun woke up to echoing footsteps and fading laughters that could be heard just outside of his room. with squinted eyes, he tries to comprehend what situation he's in - only to feel a heavy something above his outstretched and numb arm, the merman's head. that's when he realizes the position they're currently in; one of his arm outstretched and used as bubu's pillow while the other was draped around the merman's waist, his fingers grazing onto the merman's back. you know what has his heart going into somersaults in the early morning? the merman is hugging him back. as he can feel the grip of the merman on the fabric of his shirt on his back.

cheeks hurting as he is trying not to squeal and wake the sleeping cutie beside him, jaehyun lets out his giddiness by subtly kicking his feet like a flustered teenage girl. am i not dreaming this? are we really hugging right now? does that mean we cuddled all night? oh shiㅡ

“..jaehyun?”

jaehyun's internal celebration fell immediately at the merman's hoarse voice, disappointed that he couldnt enjoy the cuddle with the smaller male a little longer since he's now woken up, “..hm?”

“we're um.. we're stifling a giggle, jaehyun finds it cute how the merman is stuttering, probably shocked about their proximity too.

“yes. we're cuddling.”

the merman momentarily shut his eyes close, extremely embarassed but doesnt want to part from the other guy just yet, “oh uh.. did you have breakfast already?”

“i wouldve had breakfast but you were on my arm and i didnt want to wake you.” jaehyun answered truthfully, “..you looked so peaceful sleeping in my arm like that.”

okay, i cant take this anymore. face painted with dripping red, the merman quickly removed his hand from jaehyun's back, opting to get up rather than stay in this position despite how comfortable this is because he cant simply handle such words, not to mention they're practically exchanging breathes due to their closeness “okay, um.. we should head downstairs then.”