35: "Bad Word!"

Hajin's Pov

Last night's situation was settled pretty quickly. I'm currently at work, trying to figure out something worthy for the Department of Defense to look at. While I'm writing notes on my desk, my door bursts open, an angry Haneul walking through in her red heels.

"She wouldn't listen to me-" Sunji says at the door. I nod at Sunji with a smile. Under a second, my expression changed when I locked eyes with Haneul.

"That was a bit rude of you old friend." I raise an eyebrow. She growls in an animalistic way before slamming her hands on my desk, causing my notes to go flying.

I flinched a little. "You bitch!" She hisses. "Tell me something I don't know." I retort as I lean back against my chair.

"We both know who Beomgyu belongs to." she points to herself. I scoff. An eye roll coming right after.

"First of all, he doesn't belong to anyone. Okay? Not even me." I stand up. "Second, you have no business being here. Get out before I call security." I motion towards the door.

Haneul didn't move. Instead, she crossed her arms and looked at me in the eyes. "You're not half the woman I am." She says sharply.

"Right. Because I'm you. Just more successful and less bitchy." I reply with a sarcastic smile.

"The door is over there. Don't let it hit you on the way out." I add. Turning around to grab my bag, she pulls me by the arm. "You're going to regret this." she whispers.

"I don't think I am." I reply before making my way to the door. "I'll see you at the wedding!" I smile. Another sarcastic smile, before walking out the door and out of the building.

I sit at the passenger's side of the car while my driver starts up the engine. I take out my phone and scroll down my contacts.

"Straight home ma'am?" my driver asks. "No. Stop by the police station real quick." I say bluntly. He doesn't say anything and drives off without another word.

On cue, Beomgyu calls. I press the answer button and put the phone on speaker while I dig into my bag.

"Hey bub."

He sounds breathless. "Finished practicing?"

"Not really.. I'm on a quick.. Break."

I nod in response. "I'm going to pick Eunji up and then we're coming over. Is that alright?"

"Yeah sure-"

"CHOI BEOMGYU IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ASS HERE IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES. I WILL THROW YOU OFF NAMSAN TOWER."

I laugh at the sound of Yeonjun's scolding in the background. "You should get back to practice." I chuckle.

"I should.. I'll see you here, yeah?"

"You'll see me when you see me darling." I reply with a smirk before ending the call. Leaning my head on the tinted window of the car, I let my mind wander off for a while. Suddenly, I remember Haneul's threats.

Can she be a suspect..?

No she can't be.

I shake away the thought. "She's not a suspect.." I mumble under my breath. Assuming that she had something to do with my parents was not good at all. But it's suspicious that she'll be showing up out of nowhere after years of contact loss.

My train of thoughts were interrupted by the car coming to a sudden halt. "Were here boss." My driver says. I nod and open the door, walking outside.