16: Mine, Not Yours

Hajin's Pov

Its barely been a day and I feel as if I'm gonna go insane. Apparently, Beomgyu asked his manager to postpone their flight and now they have at least two weeks more to practice. Not only that, Jaeri's clinginess upgraded ten folds!!

I know, I had reassurance from Beomgyu last night but still! I'm freaking out here! I'm about to throw hands if she pushes the right button! Today, got off to a really bad start too. Beomgyu had dance practice today and I was gonna go with him to watch. But then this bitch decided to come with as well.

Once again, I was seated at the backseat the whole drive while the two up front did nothing but talk. So that's how I ended up in this situation. I am seated on one of the corners of the practice room while the five of them practiced their songs. Jaeri, being the attention-seeking bitch she is, was yelling out cheers and loud ass claps.

I roll my eyes at her actions and just continue watching the boys practice. Then all of a sudden my eyes land on Beomgyu. My heart rate starts picking up its pace. I ball my fist in attempt to make it go away.

But it didn't.

Next thing I knew, I found myself staring at him. I pinch myself and let out a gasp which caught Jaeri's attention. She did nothing but give me the same look she gave me when we were at Beomgyu's parents' house.

I look away and just continue watching them as I try to focus on Beomgyu. After a few minutes of dancing they basically fall to the floor chests heaving as they try to catch their breath. I grab a towel to give to Beomgyu but apparently Jaeri's got that covered.

I let out a small hiss only for me to hear. Until I was snapped back to reality when someone grabbed the towel from my hand. "Wha-" "Was this for Beomgyu?" Taehyun asks as he wipes the sweat of his forehead.

"It was. But a certain someone already gave him a towel. What's the use?" I shrug before shoving my hands into the pockets of Beomgyu's hoodie which I stole and I'm not ashamed one bit. "Isn't she staying at your house?" he asks. "Yep." I nod. A sigh following right after.

"I'm guessing you're jealous." Soobin chimes in with a water bottle in his hands. "I am not. I am territorial. Being jealous is wanting something you don't have. Being territorial is protecting what's yours." I explain. "So... He's yours?" Soobin cocks up and eyebrow. "Were getting married are we not?" I retort.

"Good point." he backs down. "Well she looks like she's getting in the way. Why don't you just sass her out? That's what you usually do when someone pisses you off." Taehyun says suggestively. "I could but that will also result in Beomgyu defending her." I reply with a sarcastic smile on my face.

"... So you're just gonna let them do... That?" Soobin motions to the two's clinginess. "I'll... Figure something out eventually.." I press my lips into a thin line. "You better. Because this is getting uncomfortable." Huening Kai scurries farther away from them.

"Anyways guys! Back to practice!" Soobin clasps his hands together to earn everyone's attention. Beomgyu stands up and meets my eyes. I look back at him with angry and cold eyes before turning away and sitting on the corner where I sat on before.

They continue dancing but Beomgyu has been having a lot of mistakes and slip ups. He isn't focusing. Soobin had scolded him many times but still, no luck. Soobin decides to pause practice in hopes that a little rest can help. I stand up before Jaeri does and walk over to Beomgyu.

"What's wrong with you? You've been making mistakes so much I can't even count with my own fingers." I say calmly. He looks at me and once again meeting my eyes with his soft and doe ones. He looks away and ruffle his hair. "Its nothing. Don't worry." he says in a monotoned voice. "How am I not supposed to worry Choi Beomgyu? You need to concentrate goddammit. If I'm gonna have to leave to make you concentrate I'm gonna leave and I'm dragging Jaeri with me-" I get cut off when he pulls me by the arm and making me land on my ass right on the cold floor.

"Hey!-" once again I get cut off by him placing a soft kiss on my lips. I quickly melt into the kiss but immediately pull away since his members were watching. "What is wrong with you?!" I whisper yell. "Nothing. I just thought maybe a kiss could help." he smiles cheekily. "Asshole, you could've warned me first." I pout only to be met with a peck on the lips.

"I think that helped. How bout' you?" he smirks. "I hate you." I glare daggers at him. "Sure you do." he gets up and calls for practice saying he's okay. And guess what, he really was. He was concentrating better and danced even better as well.

Who knew all it took was a nice kiss.

I smile to myself as a tint of pink were evident in my cheeks. I felt a light tap on the shoulder. I turn around to see Jaeri glaring at me. It almost looked as if there was smoke coming out of her ears and her pupils had fire behind them.

"You just don't stop do you?" she says in a tone where only you and her can hear. "I believe I don't get what you're trying to say." I cross my arms, my tone equaling hers. "You might be his fiancee', but listen here. This is only an arranged marriage. He can back out whenever he pleases and I'll make sure when he does, he'll be with me." she says threateningly.

"Bold of you to assume he'll back out. He seems pretty committed." I return a glare. "Open your eyes into the reality of this 'marriage' he's doing this for the sake of his parents, not for you. Don't be so sure there." she smirks ever so devilishly.

"One more word out of your mouth and I'll be sure to cut off your tongue." I threaten. "I'd like to see you try." her tone signalling me that she was plotting something. "Don't think I haven't caught on to your schemes Jaeri. Just you wait." an animalistic growl escapes my lips. I stand up, wanting to leave and dismiss this conversation completely, and sit on the other side of the room.

Lunch came, I was on the phone with my assistant saying that she can drop off the papers at home. I sent her the address and grab the lunch I packed for the boys. Sadly, I had to pack some for Jaeri as well. "Noona?" Huening taps my shoulder. "Yeah?" I turn around to face him. "They're at it again." he says in a low whisper.

I tilt my head to see that Jaeri was clinging onto Beomgyu again. I hiss as I grip onto the eco-bag's strap which had the lunch boxes filled with food for the boys. "Beom! Lunch!" I motion to the bag and he immediately detaches himself away from Jaeri.

A victorious smirk plastered on my face as I kept eye contact with Jaeri. The rest of them came to get their lunches as if they haven't eaten in days. I give Jaeri's lunch in a somewhat respectful manner since well..

She's a person too and food shouldn't be toyed with.

I sit next to Beomgyu as I grab the fruit salad and the protein shake I packed for myself. "That's all your eating?" Beomgyu asks. "Yeah." I nod whilst munching on the cherry. "I'm trying to lose weight." I add as I shove another cherry into my mouth.

"Babe what? Why?" he asks. "Personal reasons." I shrug, shoving another cherry into my mouth. "Cherries are delicious wanna try-" "Nuh-uh you can have em'." he backs away only to come scooting back next to me. I chuckle at his childishness and continue eating the salad.

After lunch and after a five minute rest, the boys went back to practice. I was putting the eco-bag back to where I got it when I passed by Jaeri. I kneel down to her level and whisper in her ear;

"Mine, not yours." I smirk and go back to what I was doing before. I could feel her glaring holes at my back but I don't care.

I'm being territorial.

______________________________________

Words: 1458 words
Date posted: 10/18/20, Sunday