44: "Say you love me.. "

Beomgyu walked to the bathroom to cool himself down while Haneul waited in the living room. His face was hot with anger. His hands clenched the bathroom sink. Tight enough he thought he might break it. Before he knew it, he had tears roll down his face.

He loved her. He really did.

Except her hurt her. Part of him actually accepted that she would leave him, another part wouldn't. He was just to stubborn.

No. He did not love Haneul romantically. For him it was just a platonic relationship. But..

Why did they kiss the night where Hajin was suffering?

Why was he enjoying instead of helping the girl he loves?

Questions of regret flooded through his mind. How he wished he could've turned back time but, he couldn't.

He knew nothing would change how betrayed she felt. How hurt she was. Beomgyu knew his relationship was on the line. He didn't even know if he was still in that relationship.

Hajin seemed so happy with Taehyun. If she's so happy, who was he to take that away from her?

If he truly loved her, why can't he accept that she already found someone else? Someone else that could take care of her the way he couldn't..

Even if he wanted to fix whatever they had, he wouldn't be able to. Once Hajin makes a decision, she doesn't turn back. Maybe it's true, their relationship came from a contract and not feelings. Maybe he just acted like he loved her because they were forced to get married.

Beomgyu stared at his reflection in the mirror. This is it.

He has to make a decision. Whether to fix it and make things right.

Or to throw everything down the drain and terminate the contract.

Minutes felt like hours as he thought out every possible outcome in his head. Finally, he came to a conclusion.

He's terminating the contract for good.

....

I hear faint stomping and a door closing from downstairs. Taehyun kept his hand on my waist as we talk on the stairwell. Checking my wristwatch, I see that I was already 40 minutes late to work.

"Crap- Tyun, I gotta go."

I look up at his brown eyes. "You sure you don't want me to send you to work?" "I'm a grown woman, I'm sure I can manage."

He sighs. "Don't be out late." Taehyun scolds in a motherly manner. I roll my eyes and wave him goodbye, not bothering to respond to his statement.

I nearly bumped into Haneul downstairs and all she gave me was a glare and an eye roll.

Typical.

I return the rude behavior before grabbing the keys and heading to the driveway. After hearing the sound of the car unlocking, I open it and slip inside.

I start up the car and drive over to my company's building. It wasn't that far, except my lack of patience made it seem like it was hours away.

Once arriving in front of the building, I walk inside only to find half of my employees walking out with boxes of their stuff in hand.

"What the fuc-"

"Ms. Kim! Oh my goodness! The company has been dying without you here."

"I was just out taking a break, what happened?"