42: "What a Shame.."

Taehyun and I walked towards the said cafe', striking up random conversations here and there throughout the walk. Once we arrived, we took a seat next to the window. 

"I'll go order your favorite." He says and stands up. Not before ruffling my hair. I give him a playful warning glare as I fixed my hair. I stay seated in silence. A few minutes later, Taehyun comes back with the two drinks in hand. 

He places them down on the table with a soft smile. "Alright, eat up." He says as he sat down. Taehyun starts scrolling on his phone as he mindlessly drinks from his cup. On the other hand, I sat there with the straw in hand. Taehyun glances at me and motions for me to drink. "You know what, I think I'll pass-" 

"Bullshit, Hajin. You better drink that, I already paid for it." He says. I roll my eyes and shove the straw inside. There was a comfortable silence between us. A ring from the bell attached to the cafe's door was heard. Taehyun takes a glance and chokes on his drink.  "Woah, hey, you good?" I ask while scanning my eyes around my room for a waiter. "No, no! Don't look there!" He pulls my hand. 

"What do you mean-" "Don't look there." He states sternly while staring behind me. "What's going on?" I whisper. Taehyun doesn't reply and instead holds my hand a little tighter causing me to wince. "Sorry.." He lets go of my hand, still glaring behind me. I groan in frustration and look behind. Taehyun was a little too late to stop me. 

Oh..

"Beomie, hurry up!" 

"I'm trying- wait, my shoelaces!" 

Beomgyu and Haneul. Together. I'm not surprised. "I think we should go." Taehyun gulps. Just staring at them made me feel sick. And she's in a cafe' why the hell is she wearing shades, will the fluorescent lights blind her or something? 

I clench my fists. So hard I think I felt my palms bleed and my knuckles turn white. "Hajin?" "Were staying." I say before plopping down onto my seat and aggressively sipping my drink. Taehyun clears his throat awkwardly while sipping his drink. Not a second later, I slam my plastic cup on the wooden table. "Fucking hell- Calm down!" He flinches. I glare at him before turning to the two who were ordering in front of the cashier. 

"You smell that Tyun? Smells like bitchy-ness and its fresh." I growl. He awkwardly laughs before scooting away and sipping on his drink. "Can I decapita-" "No. Absolutely not, only I can do that." I laugh at his statement. I continue to glare at the 'couple' until they suddenly turn around. I mutter out a curse under my breath and look away. 

"Well, well, well, this is someone I didn't expect today." Haneul's voice echoes in my head. Beomgyu slowly following behind her. "Likewise." I hiss while eyeing her up and down. 

Skimpy ass shorts-

"I see you're on a little date today." She says, almost victoriously. I hear Beomgyu mutter something under his breath but choose to keep what he said to myself. "Correction: Outing." I smirk. She scoffs and leans her hands against the table. "How's your sister?" "How's your face?" 

Taehyun stifles a chuckle while Beomgyu continues to glare daggers his way. Haneul and I continue glaring at each other for a good minute before Beomgyu pulls her away. "Alright, that's enough." He says dryly. His eyes wander on my for a split second before glancing at Taehyun. "And what are you doing here?" He asks. Taehyun rolls his eyes and shifts on his seat. 

"Funny you ask, aren't you supposed to be seated here instead of me?" He raises and eyebrow. Beomgyu clicks his tongue and straightens his posture. "Nothing to say? Good. If so, then we'll be on our merry way." Taehyun says with a sarcastic smile before he pulls me up by the hand. "Have fun on your date. Better be at practice tomorrow." He laughs as his hand snakes around my waist and pulls me close. 

It caught me off guard. But somehow, it felt right. We both walk out the door with our drinks still in hand. Once were a safe distance away he retracts his hand away from my waist and shoves it down his pocket. "Sorry.." he says shyly. I chuckle at him before running a hand through my hair. "Nah, its cool." I brush it off. I felt butterflies in the pit of my stomach. Dancing around as if it was nothing. "Did you see her shorts?" "Looked childish, really." "Damn right." We both laugh. 

"You know, the day isn't over yet. We can still roam around." He suggests playfully. "No thanks. I'm tired. Besides, I have work tomorrow." I smile apologetically. He nods in response. We passed a few blocks before we reached home. He gladly opens the door for me and I step through. Soobin peeks out from the kitchen and smiles sweetly. 

"Hey guys. Yeonjun's making dinner tonight, any special requests?" He asks. I shake my head and walk upstairs. "Wait, you're not eating?" Yeonjun's voice rings out through the house. "I'm not hungry." I say simply. Taehyun runs upstairs after me and walks me to my bedroom door. "You know Haneul isn't better than you right?" He speaks all of a sudden. "Maybe to you. To Beomgyu... I think its the the opposite." I reply meekly. 

It took everything in me to prevent myself from breaking down in front of him before he speaks again. "Stop thinking about him. Maybe just for a while." He smiles lovingly. 

Even I noticed the way he smiled..

"She'll never be twice the girl you are." 

I felt my heart stop beating for a second. He clears his throat and stands up straight. "Good night, I guess." He smiles. A little more shy now. "Shame on Beomgyu for replacing you like that." Taehyun adds. I chuckle lightly at what he said. "Yeah.. What a shame." I grin. Taehyun nods and just as he was about to turn away, I grab his hand and gently pull him for a soft kiss on the cheek. "Thank you." I say with a grateful smile. 

His cheeks had a soft pink tint and his ears reddened. "Uh y-yeah.." He stumbles over his words and looks away. "Good night Tyun." My mood now lifted as I close the door. 

"Good night.."

________________________________________________________________________________

Word Count: 1081 words
Date posted: 05/06/21