39: "All of this, came from a paper.."

Hajin's Pov

The police car stopped in front of the hospital. Without another thought, I leap out of the car and rush to the lobby where I can ask the nurse where Eunji is.

"Hi! Yes! Uhm, I'm Kim Hajin. And uh, my sister is here, her name is Kim Eunji. Can you please tell me where she is?"

I ask with a distressed expression on my face. The nurse sighs and makes a call.

"She's in recovery room 56. And I'm really sorry to inform you Ms. Kim but she's in really critical condition." The nurse says sympathetically. My mind went blank.

'What do you mean critical condition?'

"C-critical condition..? How?" "She bled too much. There's a 50/50 percent chance." She says while arranging some charts.

I nod and let go of the grip I had on the nurse's counter. "It can't be that bad." I mutter under my breath before heading to her recovery room. Once there, I look into the small window at the door and a visible gasp escapes my lips.

She has a huge plaster on her right abdomen, tubes going down her mouth and nose, and a huge blood bag that's connected to her IV. I slowly open the door, the smell of the hospital isn't a stranger to me yet it felt so..

Discomforting..

I grab sit on the chair next to Eunji's bed as I softly grab her small hand. "You're okay right?" I ask, so pathetic. A choked sob following right after.

"C'mon Eunji you can't leave me too... Y-you're okay.." I try to reassure her. Except it felt as if I was saying that to myself. She didn't reply, she laid there unconscious. Next thing I know, I'm full on sobbing on her bedside.

"Please wake up.." I beg as a string of cries and pleads come right after. Her hand felt so cold, it was as if she was already dead.

I lost my parents not even a month ago, losing my sister as well will break me completely.

I stroke her knotted hair lightly. "Sweetheart, you look so pale.." I say  as a few tears fall on her hospital gown. I was so busy crying that I didn't notice Minho and the others standing outside the door I forgot to shut.

"Hajin.." Beomgyu approaches slowly. I ignored him and continued stroking Eunji's hair. He put his hand on my shoulder and earns a frustrating hiss.

"What do you want?" I stand up. He looks at me with an expression of concern and sorrow. "Look I-"

"I want nothing to do with you right now, get out." I point to the door. His eyes widen. "No, I'm here to check on you." He insists.

'He's doing this because he cares..'

'Don't push him away. We both know you need him. Now the most.'

The voice in my head speaks. "I know you're feeling lonely and empty right now, okay?" He says softly and takes both of my hands in his. I look down, unable to contain any of my emotions anymore and just let it spill.

"I'm here for you, okay? No matter what, it's you and me. Even if you lose Eunji-"

"You think I'm gonna lose Eunji?"

I snap. He shakes his head. "No, no, that's not what I meant-" "No, that's exactly what you meant." I retract my hands away from his. He scoffs.

"I'm trying to help you here! You see, if it weren't for your stubbornness, we'd be sleeping like babies at home!" Beomgyu suddenly raises his voice.

"So it's my fault she's here?!" I point to myself in disbelief. "You're putting the blame on me!" I growl at him.

"Listen-"

"No, be quiet! I'm talking. You don't get to put the blame on me because who was home when this happened? You. Who was the one I trusted her with? You. It was all you."

He grew quiet. I pause lightly with a sarcastic look on my face. "If it's anyone's fault it's yours!" I yell at him.

"I wasn't the only one home! The other members were there-"

"Don't fucking drag us into this mess Beomgyu. Don't fucking dare." Yeonjun hisses from behind.

"Well who started the fight in the first place? Wasn't it you? You were the one who left the house Hajin! You're the one who's so irresponsible that you just had to leave!" Beomgyu retorts, pure anger plastered on his face.

"You just don't run out of reasons don't you?" I say, my voice softening.

"Gosh, if I had knew you were so stubborn, I could've went with Haneul instead!"

Those words.

Those words I dreaded the most.

The room fell silent. It's as if you can hear a pin drop. But no, as soon as he said it a light gasp fell from Huening Kai's mouth. Taehyun gritted his teeth, I could just hear it.

Beomgyu's eyes widen in realization. "I didn't mean that I swear.." He starts panicking. I shake my head as I felt my heart being torn to pieces. Tears fall onto the cold hospital floor.

I hate it.

"Then go. Go to her! I won't stop you!" I shout. Each and every word I said, was another pierce through the heart. "Besides, all of this.." I motioned to the two of us.

"Is all forced." My voice cracks. "No it's not-" "It's all scripted." I add. Even Beomgyu started crying at this point.

"You don't mean that. You're just angry-"

"OF COURSE I'M ANGRY!"

I sob. And I continue sobbing. "I never wanted you in the first place so who am I to stop you from chasing someone you want!?" I cry out. Beomgyu attempts to hold my hand but I push him away.

"Both of us. We were forced to love each other and you can't deny that." I state. Beomgyu shakes his head and looks away in shame.

"I didn't mean what I said. You know I love yo-" "Do you? Or are you just saying that because you have to?" My breathing was heavy and my cheeks were red from all the tears.

"Everything about us was because of a paper. A contract."

My heart ached. More than it was supposed to.

I could lose him tonight. But we all knew that was bound to happen, right?

"You didn't want me. I didn't want you. All we wanted was to please our parents right?" I laugh dryly. Beomgyu didn't speak, he just looked at me with glassy and guilty eyes.

Beomgyu looked down as he also starts to sob. "I.. We-" "No. There's no 'we' in the picture anymore." I stop him from saying anything else.

"Why? Because.." I pop the ring off of my ring finger. The exact ring he gave me.

"You can go give this to Haneul and let her walk down that aisle." I grab his hand and place it on his palm. "And to think I actually loved you. Tsk, how pathetic." I hiss.

"Right since you're so responsible, why don't you take care of Eunji since you got her in this mess in the first place." And with that said, I storm out of the room. Leaving him, Minho, and the other members dumbfounded.

______________________________________
Author's Note:
I am sorry. But also, I'm kinda not 🙃

Word count: 1233 words
Date posted: 04/16/21, Friday