17: Accidents

Hajin's Pov

Three days...

Its been three fucking days ever since Jaeri stayed at home. Since this bitch is just so desperate to steal Beomgyu away, she has been doing a lot of things desperate people do. Like really.. A lot.

Yes, he is very reassuring and he knows that I won't go too far in this little competition of ours. I know he loves me and won't replace me but mind demons are pretty strong at times.

She's been extra clingy with him and he just lets her. As much as I try to explain to him that she's invading his personal bubble he still doesn't listen no matter what I tell him. He's just too stubborn. His exact words were, quote on quote;

"You need to chill out. No need to be so jealous and controlling."

For the last time, I am not jealous and I am not trying to be controlling! It's not my fault I can't control my feelings. Currently, I'm at my office looking at some paperwork and of course attending meetings.

My assistant knocks at the door. "Come in." I say in a tired tone. "Miss Kim? Your boyfriend and his friend is here to see you." she says. I sigh heavily and slam my pen on the stack of papers on the table. "Okay let them in." I give in.

Jaeri and Beomgyu walk in. "Hey babe." Beomgyu greets with a sweet smile. "Hey Beomgyu." I reply lazily. "Geez, this is your office? Its not what I expected from a company so successful and so rich." Jaeri says in a judging tone. "Thanks for the unnecessary commentary Jaeri. Don't worry I'm getting it renovated soon." I glare at her.

"Sure you are." she rolls her eyes. "Anyways, babe what are you doing here?" I divert my attention to him. He was leaning against my desk, his brown hair dishevelled slightly and his lips forming a cute pout.

"Well I thought we'd come for lunch." he brings out a lunchbox with ramen inside and some meat. "Oh.. Ramen and meat.." my smile falters. "What's wro- Oh shit! I forgot you were on a diet... Baby I'm sorry.." he apologises right away.

"That's fine. I'm not hungry anyways." I shake my head and continue reading some paperwork. "Yeah Beomgyu, she doesn't wanna eat so don't let her eat." Jaeri snatches away the lunchbox. I roll my eyes and once again slam my pen on the table frustratingly.

Beomgyu swiftly turns to me with worried eyes. "Are you okay-" "Just go. You have practice." I state bluntly, not really wanting to talk to him. "Yeah Beomgyu, seems like she wants to be alone." Jaeri puts her hand on his arm. I catch her action and discreetly glare at her.

"I just need to finish this. See you at home." I state as I stand up to grab another stack of papers from the HR and finance department. I leave the room with Beomgyu and Jaeri still inside. I head over to the finance department and knock on the desk of the department head.

"Chris." I call out. He turns away from his computer with a smile. "Hajin, it's Chan. Don't need to call me by my English name y'know?" he raises an eyebrow with an amused smile. "Is that back talk I hear? Is this how you treat your boss?" I fold my arms over my chest jokingly. "I'm kidding. You have the files I asked for?" I ask, getting back on track.

"Yeah sure. Here." he hands me a stack of paper. "Oh geez.." I mutter out loud enough for him to hear. "I guess being a CEO isn't easy huh?" he chuckles. "I'd like to hear you laugh at the amount of paper I have in my office right now." I eye him down jokingly.

"Sureeee~ But anyway, good luck with it." he laughs before going back to work. I shake my head at the amount of papers and walk over to Soyeon, the HR department head.

"Soyeonieee~" I say in the cutest voice I could do. "Oh god what nowww~" she whines playfully. "Files?" I stretch out my hand. "Right." she turns to her left and grabs a large file. She hands it to me and since I was only carrying it with one hand, I tripped and almost dropped the files.

"Oh god! Are you okay?" she asks. "Yeah.." I immediately hold the files with two hands. "Thanks Soyeon! Byee~" I rush back to my office. Beomgyu and Jaeri weren't there anymore so that's a relief. I put the files on top of my desk and once again I start reading each and every one of them.

//Time skip.. //

10:32 pm.

The clock read. It was past 10 o' clock and I'm barely half way through all my files. I decide to pack it up and bring the files home. I pack it all up in the car. I drive home, my eyes were droopy and tired from working all day. I have both of my hands on the wheel and my eyes are fixated on the road.

I slowly start getting sleepy and didn't even notice that my eyes are closing until I heard a loud honk from a car. My eyes flash open and all I see is that there is a car driving straight towards me. I scream in fear and turn the car to the left. To avoid less damage. Unfortunately, the car flipped over from the collision.

Everything was blurry and I could feel blood drip down my face. I could hear the faint sound of sirens in the distance but my body felt too weak to react. Next thing I knew.

Everything went black.

______________________________________

Author's Note:
This chapter was suggested by a friend of mine and it was kinda cool so I wanted to try it. I liked how it turned out (sort of) so.. Anyways hope ya'll like it lmao xD

Words: 1005 words
Date posted: 10/18/20, Sunday