chapter 4

*21st of September 1975, the day after the full-moon*

I walked to the hospital wing. I had given myself a bloody nose and used it as an excuse to get out of charms because the lesson reminded me too much of my mum. I was Hoping to sit there alone and cry but instead, I found Remus Lupin eating a chocolate bar. Madame Pomphrey seated me beside Remus Lupin, telling me to sit tight as she had other more important patients to deal with at that moment. "So what are you in for," I asked the boy.

"Didn't feel well, what about you?" he replied, his voice strained.

"Oh, I gave myself a nosebleed to get out of class because it reminded me of my dead mother," I said, laying back, crossing my legs.

"Sorry," he said, offering me chocolate. I took it from him, breaking off a piece.

"What are your parents like," I asked.

"My dad works with the ministry, strict but he just does it out of protection and my mums a muggle that is soft-hearted," he answered, before continuing, "I'm sure Sirius would be happy to talk to you about your mum,"

"Remus Lupin roughly translates to the swift wolf," I replied.

"Why do you do that,"

"What?"

"You did it at dinner; you explain things randomly or give definitions,"

"Oh, it's a habit. I do it whenever I'm anxious, or to stall or I just need to know one thing for sure that don't include emotions,"

I sat there with Remus, a peaceful silence with the exception of us sharing a chocolate bar with very loud wrapping.

~

It was the first Hogsmeade weekend on October 17th and I had no idea why everyone was so excited. "So, we get to leave Hogwarts," I say, clarifying with Lily as we sat in the Gryffindor common room, the morning of the visit. Lily nodded chuckling, sometimes I hated being the new 5th year. Dorcas and Marlene had left earlier wanting to be the first at Hogsmeade, Marlene woke the whole damn dorm up when Dorcas dragged her out of bed to fulfil a promise she had made the night before.

Lily and I walked out of the castle, and I immediately regretted not wearing that extra layer she had suggested earlier. "So what are we doing first," I asked Lily as we finally got close to Hogsmeade village. "Do you want a drink or chocolate?" she replied

"Do they serve bière au beurre?"

"Don't know what that is, sorry"

I roughly translated the drink in my head, "margarine beer,"

"We have butterbeer," she replied. I nodded smiling.

We walked into a place called the three broomsticks. It smelt like burning wood, juvenile teenagers and alcohol, Dorcas and Marlene were tucked into a corner, the marauders were in another booth laughing their arses off.

We walked over to the bar, I held a fraction of the money my father had given me. The woman at the bar had curly brown hair that faded into blonde and a large smile, "Can we get two butterbeers," Lily requested. Lils pulled out the money to pay, I stopped her and paid myself. "Ris, it's fine,"

"Lils you said no to a date from that Ravenclaw bloke to take me into town, the least I can do is pay for your drink," I clinked my glass with hers and pulled her into a booth with leather seats.

*POV switch: JAMES POTTER 𐂂*

Lily Evans is beautiful, but right now I couldn't stop staring at Iris; her long brunette curly hair, her large green eyes, her pale skin that was sprinkled with freckles. She was laughing with Evans, she had put dark red lipstick on her round lips and I wanted to kiss her. Sirius put his arm around my shoulder and made a joke about me and Lily Evans; because I still had a crush on Lily didn't I?