chapter 9

Any blood ties between Evan Rosier and Iris Artemis Black are not cannon in this book.

I felt as if my heart was being put in a box too small for its size as anxiety wrapped around it. It was nothing in the moment that was making me feel this way, but worry of what would happen to me. I was sitting with the girls in my dorm plus Alice and Mary, we were speaking about what we were going to do over winter break and I was being very quiet.

Someone knocked on our carriages door. It was Frank Longbottom, he was here to pick up Alice. Mary nudged the girl to go with the older boy, we all did knowing that Alice had a crush on the boy.

After a while Lily had fallen asleep, claiming my thighs as her pillow. I had pulled out a book to read as the other girls had a conversation. Another knock came at the door, it was Evan Rosier. "Jeez Black, I can not believe you let a mudblood like Evans so close to you. You do not want to sit with the wrong sort, I am here to invite you to our carriage." The boy said leaning against the door.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, and Lily Evans is one of the most amazing witches at Hogwarts. Who got into the Slug Club on her own hard work instead of a family name, who is in the top five for all of her classes and if she was awake would stand up for herself," I said smiling coyly.

"Just an offer Black, no need to get defensive,"

"Then leave, Rosier," I replied, Marlene shutting the door on the boy. I looked down and peacefully smiled at Lily Evans.

I knew I would pay for my words later, but I am glad I stood up for my friend. It was not even five minutes before someone knocked on the door. "Evan Bloody Rosier, if that is you I am going to hex you into oblivion," I said reaching for my wand, itching to hex the boy.

"Did you really mistake me for that prat," James Potter said walking inside before announcing "I am here as an ambassador for the marauders, to invite you to our carriage. Side note: Sirius needs to talk to you about something serious," he said stifling a chuckle.

I looked down at Lily and cautiously moved her head off my lap, before leaving with James behind me. As we walked the train rattled violently, jerking James Potter forward. We were on the ground and James Potter was on top of me. I made sure I did not blush as I flipped him over and  I was on top of him, my knee in between his legs.

I wanted so badly to kiss him, but I did not. I stopped myself and got up. Once I was standing in front of the stunned James Potter I gave him my hand, "you should be more careful Potter, not every girl knows how to handle herself." James took my hand, I think he was surprised about what I said, as even though he was now standing beside me he looked like a deer caught in headlights.

We walked back to the carriage in silence, when we got there Sirius had a guilty smile on his lips. He was trying not to look extremely nervous. Sirius nodded to the door and just as quickly as I had entered the carriage I left it. "What is it Sirius," I said shortly.

"I need to get my belongings from Grimmauld place, and I don't know if I would get out of there with them if I entered," He replied fiddling with his hand, before running it up and down his arms.

"What is the likelihood the ministry will be able to know I'm using my magic at grimmauld place,"

"Unlikely, the house practically runs on magic,"

"I will send them to you, but please tell me you have told Reg your leaving, at some point today before we got on the train," Sirius' guilty look increased.

"You are writing him a letter that I can give him, right now Sirius. Regulus deserves a proper note since you have been too cowardly to tell him in person," I finished, Sirius nodded hanging his head low.

I felt my heart hammering in my head, after that conversation everything was spinning. Sirius put his hands on my arms, "You need to breathe Iris," he said slowly and calmly.

I nodded, taking in deep breaths and letting them out. Sirius then pulled me into a hug, drawing circles on my back with his palm to calm me down. "You're going to be okay," he said, pulling away and looking me in the eyes.

I let out a sigh and thanked Sirius. We walked back to the carriage, Peter was laying on the floor like a star. Remus was sleeping head on a book in the compartment usually used for hand luggage and James Potter had his head stuck out of the window.

I looked at Sirius for answers, but instead he joined James sticking his head out of the window. I usually mentaly facepalm around the marauders but today I physically slapped my face with my left hand. I did not reprimand them for their choices though, I climbed up to the luggage store opposite Remus and lay down.

After a while James and Sirius' mouths got dry so they brought their heads inside and Peter decided that as much as lying on the floor is fun he wanted to eat snacks he had from the little old lady with a cart of sweets.

"Iris, do you want anything?" Peter called at me as I relaxed.

"Do you have any pumpkin pasties?"

"Yeah, how many do you want,"

"One's enough thank yo-oww," Remus threw his book at me.

"Sirius and James may be stupid, but at least they know not to disturb me when I am napping,"

I threw the book back replied, "Do not get in between me and my pasties,"

For the rest of the trip me and Remus were chucking the book, back and forth to each other. As James and Sirius whispered not so quietly about how they were not stupid, they were prank geniuses, and had the best music taste.

When the train pulled into the station, I felt my whole body go cold. I got out of the storage, almost hitting Peter on the head on my way down.  I wanted to find Lily before I left the train because otherwise we might not be able to talk for two weeks.

It was too late to find Lily as I walked off the train with Regulus luggage and Louis in hand. Sirius and James had left at the most secretive entrance of the train so not to be seen by Walburga or my misguided father. I walked up to them, my head held high, trying to stop myself from shaking.

"You are disappointing we will see about that at home, I thought Cosette would have raised you better but at least you had a very long hatstall as Regulus informed me. Now where is Sirius? I do not want to have to wait for him any longer." Reg looked at me for answers, soon all of the eyes were on me.

"He said he is not coming home with us this break, he is staying with a pure-blood friend." I said nervously, looking away from the man's eyes'. His face remained the same, but his eyes seemed to light up with anger. "Why was no letter sent to me, am I not important enough for the news of my son's disappearance," Regulus looked at me confused and upset.

"Regulus did not know, I was the one who lacked the manners not to send a letter, I take full responsibility,"

"As you should," he replied grabbing my wrist

Suddenly I saw the Rosiers' walk over, I never thought I would be thankful to see Evan Rosier. My father let go of my wrist and murmured for us to look presentable, the Rosier's were a voldemort supporting, sacred twenty-eight family.

"Orion, it is nice to see you, how is the ministry and your family?"

"Well thank you, Rosier Sr. Your son seems to be growing into a fine, handsome young man,"

"Thank you, Sir," Evan replied, and smiled while nodding his head. Brown nose

"Your youngest Regulus seems to be taller and slimmer since our last meeting, and it is good to see the newest female member of the Black family fitting in nicely. A Gryffindor or not," Rosier Sr said ignoring the missing Sirius.

"Yes, Gryffindor is unfortunate, but her grades are immaculate, she is top of her classes," My father said giving me a pointed look before standing up for me.

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚Feel free to vote if you enjoyed this chapter, Have a wonderful day * ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚