Chapter 66

We stood opposite each other for a while after that, I wasn’t quite sure whether I should tell him. “James, I love you but telling you that makes me beyond nervous not because I doubt that you love me back but because I’m terrified I’ll ruin everything like I always do by pushing you away, or lying, or trying to save everyone and only being detrimental to myself,”

“You love me,”

“I do, James Potter,”

“And I love you Iris Clemente,”

“By Morgana I hope so,” I stated walking forward, my eyes brimming with tears 

“Is the big scary Iris crying,”

“Oh just shut up and kiss me,”

“Will do my love,” he finished putting one of his hands on my waist pulling me close, the other holding my jaw and crashing his lips onto mine. The kisses we shared sent tingles all over my body, the warmth of his hand through only my cloak, it was heavenly as I felt a tear of joy going down my cheek.

“We can tell them tomorrow, you should get some rest” James said a warm smile on his face

“Thank you, James,” I replied, pecking him on the lips on my tip-toes

“I’ll help you inside,” 

Animosity and uneasiness, two words that went hand and hand with the atmosphere when James and I walked in. Remus and Sirius are still trying to avoid each other and so that’s why Remus was smoking on the balcony, Sirius and Peter glaring at Rosie, Lily still in shock about the fact that I almost died today, Rosie was nervous and tense.

“Rissie, I’m going to go back to my dorm. I’ll see you tomorrow,”

“Thank you, Rosie,”

“I’ll help you get to bed, Ris,” Lily offered. I smiled, taking Lily as my crutch instead of James.

When we were both in bed Lily was silent, Louis was purring on my lap “Evans are you okay?” I asked the girl who was sitting up straight in bed.

“I should be asking you that, Ris. I’m sorry,”

“Lils you swam out to save me didn’t you,” the girl nodded pulling her lips into a line, “I don’t remember what happened,”

“I was so worried about you Ris, I felt bile in the back of my throat,” I forgot all the bliss of James and in that moment I stopped avoiding the memories and I began shaking and crying

“I was trying to stay calm, I felt so sick. The world was going patchy around me in darkness, I saw your silhouettes but you couldn’t get to me and I thought I was going to die,” somewhere through my sentence Lily had joined me in my bed wrapping her arms around me.

“You’re okay, Ris,” she whispered, repeating it to me like a mantra until I calmed down.

Lily stayed with me until I fell asleep, which took a long while. I focused on the lit candle Reg gave me in the darkness as my eyes fluttered closed even if I didn’t want them to. She kept me calm no matter how many times I woke up through the night.

Lily was still next to me when I woke up, pulling me close to her chest probably to try and keep me still as I flailed around in my sleep from nightmares, Luis was curled up as my arms were wrapped around him. “Are you awake, Ris,” Lily whispered, just in case I wasn’t awake.

“No, this is a ghost in our room,” I replied smiling at the girl

“Ah ghost, did you know that sarcasm gets you tickled,” Lily started tickling my abdomen until I let out a loud uncontrolled laugh, she always knew how to cheer me up.