chapter 22

It was the 24th of April, my birthday and I had only told two people; Lils and Reg. I didn’t want anything big. 

It was 5 am when I was awoken by the tapping of glass. Marlene started throwing shoes at the window, Lily and Dorcas hadn’t even been woken up and as I was the person closest to the window I was expected to open it. I groaned having to get up before 9 on my birthday and opened the window.

It was Estelle, she should be in France. The dove perched itself on my shoulder, rubbing it’s head against mine in an affectionate manner, I suppose once a week maid visit wasn’t enough affection. I shut the window, and used accio to find the bird treats that were probably lost in a trunk. I put the bird and a handful of treats beside Louis, who surprisingly had never tried to eat the bird before.

I untied the letter on the birds ankle, it read:

Dear Iris,

Happy sixteenth birthday. I started writing these letters when I knew that I wasn’t going to survive,  I hope you’ve found your father and brothers and that they are all treating you well.  Have a brilliant day my dear, disclosed is 50 galleons. Please feel free to use them however you want to celebrate your birthday. I love you and I will always be proud of you.

Love mère (Mum\mother)

I smiled, and sent Estelle back home. Everyone had gone back to sleep. I put the letter and money in a secret compartment, I had charmed my side table; it’s where I hid all of my private belongings. I didn’t feel tired, so I got dressed quietly and wandered down to the almost empty common room. 

A sweaty James Potter sat on the sofa, “Morning run, Potter. What was chasing you” I said walking down the stairs. “Awake to see me, Black,” the boy replied, using aguementi to squirt water in his mouth. “Why else be awake so early, except to see you after a run,” I replied, sitting beside the boy.

The boy rested his hand on my thigh, as I leaned my head against his shoulder. “You look nice,” he complimented.

“I know, I do,” I replied smirking at the boy

“Not winning any contest for humility are we,” The boy whispered into my ear, making me shiver as his lips brushed across my skin. I shoved the boy playfully and he started to tickle me, “James, James, stop,” I said trying to get away but the boy pulled me closer not letting up

“You know what I want,” the boy said, I looked around the room quickly before lightly pressing my lips to his.

“Is that it,” the boy said pausing the tickling

“Don’t push your luck, Potter,” I replied, laying my head on his shoulder again. “Do you want to meet in the astronomy tower later, about 10 or 11” I asked, as the boy trace patterns on my thigh

“I’m always free to see you,” the boy said, winking and smiling down at me.

I heard the click of a door opening and jumped away from James, I felt awful doing it though. I really didn’t want James to think I was ashamed of whatever relationship we have. A disgruntled Sirius Black appeared with smudged eyeliner. “What are you two doing?” The boy asked, looking down on us, as he rubbed his left eye.

“Oh I woke up early, and found this git just getting in from a run,” I replied, the truth is always the best lie to tell. The boy looked down at us for another second before rubbing his eye and walking back to his dorm.

“I betta have a shower,” James said soon after Sirius left leaving me alone in the common room.

 *POV switch: SIRIUS BLACK 𓃢*