Chapter ~78~

"I love Rosie, but it's not like how I love you. When I'm not with you all of my emotions feel like they're in black and white and suddenly when I see you they're as bright as the sun," I let out a breath of relief smiling at him.

"I was worried there for a minute," he said reaching out for me, all off his anger and disappointment had disappeared I didn't know how long it would last as James held my waist, any chill from the cold forgotten as he pulled me close and kissed. I felt fireworks shoot around my body.

When we pulled away, James' adoring stare had been replaced with a questioning one. "Why did you push me away all the other times Ris, I know it couldn't have always been because of Sirius," he was getting too perceptive.

"I had to protect you James," I still have to, I left out.

"Then you've got to let me protect you," he instructed, caressing my cheek. I shook my head, smiling at him. He nodded keeping his eyes on mine.

"Will you be my-,"

"Hold it," I said, putting my finger to his lips to silence him. "That first memory I showed you, Dumbledore took that from you, Not me," I clarified as I put my hands on each of James's arms and chanted a short incantation to protect him from legilimency, he didn't even ask what I was doing. "I will be yours, but we have to keep it a secret or Dumbledore will take away your memories again," I promised,

"Why would Dumbledore take my memories," he asked confusion creasing his brow.

"Leverage, blackmail, Protection. Any will work," I explained shrugging.

"Ris," James said brushing my cheek with the pad of his thumb he looked confused but sympathetic, "what did you get yourself into, what were you really doing for five months, I don't need you to tell me I just want you to be safe from now on," I let out a sigh like laugh as I still had the injury that got me sent back here. I didn't answer him instead I asked him "Will you be mine?" I put my hand over his. He started kissing me all over my face. The tip of my nose, the top of my cheekbone, the corner of my lips. I couldn't help but smile and laugh at the boy. He made me forget every problem.

"How could I say no to you," he said finally kissing my lips again.

"Do you want to get lunch?" I was a bit startled to have him as such a normal question, but I nodded. James put his arm around my shoulders, and we started walking to the lunch hall.
"Do you want to go to Hogsmeade this weekend, I need to get Lily a birthday card," I asked James,

"Only if we can go back to that little coffee shop," he said

"Are you going to try and kiss me again with chocolate on your face," I reminded him walking ahead of him smirking.

"You remember that," he questioned

"How could I forget, I almost leaned in," I told him running into the great hall before he could catch up.

Lily waved me down, she had Pandora on one side and the rest of the marauders opposite her. I sat on her other side and James sat behind me. "Where have you two been?" Lily asked me raising an eyebrow at me, smiling

"Well it's almost someone's birthday Lily flower, aren't you excited?" I said smirking at her.

"Don't you dare, I'm turning 18 okay," I just smiled at her swapping my plate with hers while she was distracted.

I felt James's hand on my knee as he spoke to Sirius like he wasn't doing anything. "Remus," I tried to get the boys attention, but he was ignoring me. I heard scuffing under the table, and then Remus groaned in pained, "Yes, Iris," he said sighing looking up at me.