chapter 29

None of my friends were part of the sacred 28, so I couldn’t see any of them over the summer, the only form of contact I had was letters

None of my friends were part of the sacred 28, so I couldn’t see any of them over the summer, the only form of contact I had was letters. So far only one letter from Sirius but he did send a picture of him and the boys.

My letters to Lily were sparse as it was hard to try and get them past the front door, Marcus and I had been sending each other letters he was actually really funny, like read his letters in my room funny because I didn’t need Walburga telling me ...

My letters to Lily were sparse as it was hard to try and get them past the front door, Marcus and I had been sending each other letters he was actually really funny, like read his letters in my room funny because I didn’t need Walburga telling me my laugh wasn’t proper in a public setting.

“Mistress Iris,” A sweet house-elf said, popping into my room. They still made me jump.

“Yep-yeah, what is it,” I said sitting up from where I was reading a book.

“Master Rosier Jr. is here to see you,”

“Do I have to see him?” I wasn’t in the mood to deal with Rosies antics today.

“Yes, you do,” the boy said, winking at me as he walked into my room. I was in a sports bra I had stolen from Lily, and a pair of pajama shorts. Usually I wouldn’t be ashamed of my body but over the summer I had grown to hate it, I quickly grabbed a blanket wrapping it around myself.

“Out, Rosy. Get out,” I said pointing to the door. The boy respected my wishes leaving my room, but he didn’t shut the door he just kept staring at me from behind the threshold of my room. “Poppet shut the door, tell Mr Rosier I’ll be down in fifteen minutes,” I said to the house-elf ignoring the boy's presence, taking comfort in the blanket covering my body.

I put on something elegant and flowy, hiding my figure. Calmed my hair as if I were Medusa calming snakes, and put on make-up to hide my eyebags. Rosy was waiting at the bottom of the stairs when I left my room

“Why are you here, Rosy,”
“From what I’ve heard you’ve become a hermit,”
“Why bother leaving the estate when I have no one worth seeing,”

“Not even the man that could have been your husband,”
“Merlin you know about that,”

“Yeah, I was told about the same time you were,”