chapter 46

*Dumbledore's office*

Dumbledore was pacing in his office deep in thought, questioning every decision he has ever made. He had no family left except for a brother that refused to talk to him and he had nurtured a man who might soon defeat him.

Almost a quarter of the school, more students he had allowed to learn magic would side with Tom Riddle. The order of the phoenix was slowly losing members and not because people were switching sides, death was shortening the list. And James Callaghan, muggle prime minister was out of his wits with the muggle deaths rising.

Iris Artemis Black, was too powerful for her own good, her powers would control her one day and her allegiance could turn the tides of the war. Her life or death could influence many who are reluctant and or interested to join the order in the years after their graduation. She has a dark aura within her, but her well of magic is pure. If Dumbledore could get her full loyalty, with her skills and connections to Tom she could make an excellent double agent, the man believed it.

The man loudly unwrapped a lemon sherbet, the crinkling wrapper filling the quiet room. Trying to convince the order to include the sixteen year old would be hard, as some members had children the same age but the younger members if he could just convince them would be enough support to make the girl a double agent.

Dumbledore was drawn to his pensieve in that moment, Iris had unknowingly left memories in it, when she used Obliviate on James Potter. He would be a weak spot for the girl as well as her brothers and Lily Evans. Her will to protect her loved ones will leave her vunerable, her love is what He'd use to manipulate her.

*POV switch: Iris Artemis Black 𓆙*

TW: domestic abuse

Orion could really go on, talking about how disappointing I was and how I would be pummelled if not for the protection I was under. For this I was glad Regulus had been sent to his room, Orion was not one to yell but his low voice added much more danger to his tone than any volume would. Warburga listened quietly, she smirked at me as the list of my 'misdeeds' continued, if only they knew what happened in the shadows of Hogwarts and not just what future death eaters fed to their parents.

"You still consort with that mudblood," this an was testing all the will power in my body, "And at this point I'm starting to doubt your use girl, you aren't even getting married to benefit the family, Regulus will marry and he is younger than you,"

"On that topic," I said finally speaking up.

"You choose now of all times to interrupt me girl," Orion seethed, staring me down.

"Yes, I do. Juliet Avery as a match for Regulus,"

"What of it girl, Regulus may be punished for your foolishness," I paused there, I took in a deep breath deciding whether or not I should continue, I licked my lips as they suddenly felt dry.

"What do I have to offer you, to free him," I said, sighing, moving my hands behind my back.

"Is this his request?" the man questioned

"It is my offer,"

"What do you think you can offer, girl," the man said, moving his hand, tapping his fingers against his knee, I was thinking as I then looked to Walburga whose smirk had turned to a snarl.

"Name something and we can strike a deal for his freedom,"

"Why should I bargain with a child, a little girl,"

"A smart person would think before turning my offer down, are you a smart man?" I saw his jaw tense, his fingers that once tapped on his knee squeezed it tightly, his glare was horrid. But suddenly he turned from me and looked at Walburga. The man relaxed in that moment as the woman's expression fell flat, her eyes Merlin was that fear I saw as her eyes glazed over.