Chapter 70

The Arrival:

"So you're back girl," Orion commented, as we appeared in the floo fireplace. Both sets of our parents were in the room. It seemed to be a very tense dinner or at least dinner setting as no food was on the table they were probably waiting for Voldemort. I let go of Rosie's hand and the boy took my suitcase for me as I made sure Louis did not stray.

"Where is my son?" Mrs Rosier asked

"And where is Regulus?"

"Safe, that's what they are."

"You know what your coming back means?" Orion questioned

"Our loyalty," Rosie stated

"Both of you change, the dark lord will be here any minute now," Orion demanded, I ran my wand over my outfit without moving to change, before doing the same to Rosie.

The elves took our bags away, Kreacher was surprised to see me but as his face was only turned towards me so it wasn't noticeable to anyone else. "Must you insist on keeping that mangey cat around," Orion insulted, "He hasn't grown he's probably the runt of the litter,"
Voldemort walked through doors suddenly, I stared at the man to look at him directly in the eyes.

"Hello, Iris and Mr Rosier. I was informed you had become runaways, but it's pleasant enough to see you, Iris."

"As pleasantries go," I replied. Taking a seat next to Walburga and Rosie sat opposite me and Tom took the head of the table.

I sat silently for most of the dinner listening to details of their plans. Sometimes I ate the food to try and avoid their conversation, or the topic was so sick that I couldn't actually look at the food. I was tapping my foot on and off by the end of the meal, but it stilled completely when Tom addressed me.

"Iris, take a walk with me," I picked up Louis, Tom was already at the door. I went around the table, and Rosie grabbed my hand quickly before letting go. I stood beside Tom and he jerked his arm towards me to take. I reluctantly rested my hand on his arm, holding Louis to my chest tightly, clenching my teeth.

"Where are we?" I questioned, looking around a graveyard. The summer sunset was nowhere to be found in the mirky sky making me nervous.

"This is the place my muggle father was buried," he said with disgust a sneer covering his face.

"Why are we here?" I asked, turning Louis into a panther in case this was an ambush

"I would never tell anyone about my greatest shame,"

"Privacy then, Can I ask you a few questions, Tom," The name made the man tense; it was better to keep him on his toes.

"You may,"

"Did you know that my mother went to Dumbledore because she was so worried about you?"

"No," he said quickly

"Did you give my mother any other gifts than Louis?"

"Yes,"

"Do you still love my mother,"

"Enough questions," he said taking a turn and then staring at Louis for a few moments, before stroking the cat

We were both silent and the look of the graveyard was starting to make me want to hold Louis closer. "I gave you a way out and yet you insist on joining me, I can't promise you safety if you go on missions, or that you'll still be able to go to school," he stated, before randomly pulling out his wand. For a second I'm prepared to shoot a spell at him but he just destroys a tombstone before continuing to walk casually.