chapter 13

I was so excited to go back to Hogwarts, electrified when I had my luggage in one hand and Louis in the other, and thrilled when Orion and Walburga left us at the station. Reg helped me with my luggage by putting it in the train for me before he boarded the train with all of the other Slytherins and I went to find Lily Evans. 

The girl was saying goodbye to her parents when I found her. 

When she saw me she hugged me, putting her arms around me tightly. I held in a shout of pain when her arm touched my wound, and just hugged her back. She was slightly taller than me; she had grown an inch over the holidays. 

“Snape, like Slytherin greasy hair,” I said as we chose a carriage to sit in.

“Yeah we grew up near each other he’s the reason I knew I was a witch before Hogwarts, he wrote me a poem and gave me an everlasting daisy for Christmas,” Lily explained.

“Lils that boy has a crush on you,” I said sitting down with Louis.

“We’ve known each other for years, I’m sure he’d just tell us if that were true,” the girl said, putting her luggage away. I shrugged, I didn’t know the boy personally and left the subject alone.

Marlene and Dorcas joined us at about hour two of the journey, I have been putting off talking to Sirius unless he asked how everything went at Grimmauld Place but when Lily asked why I hadn’t gone to see him I knew I should. I left our carriage with Sirius’ present and went to the one I had seen the marauders congregate in, every time we boarded the crimson train. 

“Hello pretty boys,” I said loudly as I walked into their carriage. The boys were all sitting around the carriage, the way they always sat. Sirius ran up to me immediately when he saw me, and hugged me. It was so sudden compared to Lily’s hug that I couldn’t help but yelp in pain.

“Are you okay, what happened,” he said quickly stepping away from me, I put on a fake face. “I’m fine, don’t worry just didn’t expect such a sudden hug,” Sirius looked at me, cautiously he didn’t believe me but he left it. 

I looked at the rest of the boys smiling, before I sat down beside James. “I got a present for you,” I said, obviously talking to Sirius. 

“You got me a present and not your brother,” James said in an audacious tone. I punched his arm careful not to move too much, before pulling out the awfully wrapped red present, handing it to Sirius, who opened it like a hound.

“Oh, an expensive ring. Thanks,” I suppressed my laughter, as he acted exactly like Regulus, same tone, same facial expression. Same brother, different story. I thought.

“It’s a magic ring with a secret enchantment, for you, me and Reg,” I said, a small smile gracing my lips.

I ripped off a piece of the wrapping parchment, putting it into the locket before whispering the phrase into it. “Open the ring,” I said, my smile getting bigger. 

“That’s so cool, what's the magic word,” he replied, slipping the ring on his thumb. I looked around at the other marauders asking with my eyes if he was okay with his boy band of friends knowing the phrase.

“James knows some weird things about me, this wouldn’t even reach the top ten of the secret list kept in this group,” causing all except Remus to burst into giggles.

 I rolled my eyes at the boys before explaining it to them like I had Regulus.

“Your sister is a genius, imagine all the dream pranks we could create if we put her and Remus’ brains together and our imagination,” James said, stroking his chin.