chapter 42

I was a bear, not a snake as I looked at myself in the scuffed metal of a bucket in the room.

I had a white crest on my chest that had a similar shape to a bat, I was very tall, roughly about 2 metres give or take a few centimetres, the bear looked thin though, as if I had not found any prey to feist on in a long time

I walked out of the Quidditch shed as a bear, trying to figure out how I fit in there, before running to the forbidden forest. I wasn't familiar with the forest but I knew that as long as I didn't stray too far from the edge I would easily be able to make my way back to Hogwarts for dinner.

Being tall was a new thing for me, I wondered if Remus always saw the world like this or if I was seeing everything like this because I was usually at a measly 5 foot 3 which made me smaller than almost every person in my year and even more in the years below, I wasn't quite sure if I was abnormally short or if people from the UK were just bloody giants.

Out of boredom I carved my initials into a tall evergreen tree, with branches that towered above,

I.A.C

If I were to ever become the villain in someones story, I would call myself Kai but spell it as Cai to match my initials so that I could keep some part of my identity.

Being an animal was really nice. It gave you time to think of all the little thoughts that you never quite had time to develop. It was also nice to walk around without any shoes on, I never liked shoes, I've always thought they were a bit unnecessary. And right now it was raining but it was all good because I could just shake myself dry, I always thought it would be dizzying but it was quite fun.

Before I knew it time had caught up with me, Merlin's beard the bright sun was setting. I had missed over half a day of school, such a brilliant student. I rushed back to the quidditch shed, and Lily was yet to retrieve my wand so I could use it to help me transform back which was incredibly funny as the wand was so small in my new body, imagining my body but it didn't work. I started to panic. I imagined my stomach, my thighs, my broad shoulders, my muscular arms that were really masculine. But still I wouldn't change.

I curled up and began to whimper, Merlin I should have just listened to Lily, why would I take a big risk like this. I began taking in oxygen, guzzling it in greedily as if there was going to be a shortage. I started running through all of the things that could have gone wrong, but I knew I did everything right, except maybe. I took another moment calming myself down, before imagining my body how people I trusted had described it to me.

My strong arms that could bat a bludger to the opposite side of the pitch, my broad shoulders that were structurally sound and perfect for piggy back rides, my thighs that worked great as a pillow and the rolls I had lost on my stomach the rolls that really I did miss but had gotten rid of because of Walburga's damn bitching, all summer.

I felt the animal melt away like water as my normal features returned, bloody hell was I starving and I was going to start listening to my body again, stop skipping meals, and eat enough for two at breakfast because with how large Hogwarts was I needed the calories.