chapter 18

“Oh brilliant,” I murmured with a soft smile as I saw the boys. “Hello Pretty boys and Sirius,” I said sitting at their table and drinking James’ butterbeer. 

“Oi” James said to me while drinking his butterbeer and Sirius pulled a face at my comment, his face quickly changing when he thought of something.

“How was the date, with Evan Rosier,”

“It wasn’t a date, and I don’t want to speak to him again,” 

“Merlin, what did that son of a bitch do?” Sirius said

“Protective brother, he didn’t try and sexually assault me. No need to do something dickhead like, don’t do something dickhead like,” I said repeating myself to make sure that it got through to Sirius or any other of the boys.

James put his hand on my knee, squeezed it trying to comfort me. Instead he made me jump.

“You okay,” Remus said taking a sip of his butterbeer

“Yeah, fine. Nerve endings you know,” I replied trying to sound convincing. Remus nodded, he looked knowing. More than the usual sixty year old man Remus Lupin look, I felt the urge to turn to look at James and check with him but I knew that would just look suspicious.

I felt my locket warm, I opened it up. It was a note from Regulus, I felt my stomach drop. They hadn’t gone after Reg because of me right, please Merlin no. I opened the paper, Regulus’ handwriting is amazing. 

Narcissa just informed me that you broke Bellatrix’s nose, in front of Voldemort. Iris you need to be more careful.

-Regulus

“Do any of you have a pencil?” I asked, staring at Remus, assuming that he would be most likely to carry a working, prank-free pencil. Remus dug into the pocket of his jeans and pulled out a broken pencil.

Actions speak louder than words, that’s why she has a broken nose, nice to hear from you Reg

-Iris 

News travels bloody fast, how did he already know it is not like I was shouting it from the streets.

“Did you just write broken nose?” Remus asked

“How do you know that?” I replied, Remus “psychic werewolf” Lupin

“I’ve seen Sirius write it enough times,” Remus replied

“Makes sense,” I replied before slipping the note back in my locket and sending it to Reg.

“Now, why did you write broken nose?” Remus quiried

“You didn’t break your nose did you,” asked pete

“Nope, I broke somebodies,” I said cheerfully

“Are you going to clear this up at all,” James questioned

“Nope, suffer bitches,” I replied getting up and going to buy myself a butterbeer.

-

It was quidditch practice, and as much as I wanted to see a sweaty James Potter flying around a pitch, Lily and I had decided to go to the library. We had chosen a table in the back of the room, so that when the air was filled with our giggles she wouldn’t shush us. We’d also managed to sneak some food and drink with us, two butterbeers and six cauldron cakes.

“I really want to read this book but it’s in French,” Lily said before pointing the book at me.

“Am I going to read this to you,” The girl nodded, thrusting the book at me once again.