Chapter 72

I didn’t make it five minutes without Dumbledore summoning me to his office for a discussion about my position as Head girl, not before running into Mcgonnagal who gave me a very scary look. Apparently, no one had thought to tell her that I was not dead in a ditch somewhere. The elder woman looked at me as if her eyes were going to pop out of her sockets. She clutched the top of her shirt.

 “Iris Clemente,” she said, her body almost shaking

“Minnie, long time no see,”

“If you miss a single lesson this year, I will give you a hundred detentions,”

“I missed you too, Minnie,” I replied, continuing my journey to Dumble’s office.

There he stood, old and decrepit as usual someone I’d love to knock on their elderly arse. The man looked at me up and down, less surveyance on my physical state but more of how I hold myself. He waved his hand at a seat as he moved behind his desk, I sat in the chair opposite the one originally offered.

“I assume, Mr Rosier is still undercover,”

“I’m also undercover,”

“I’ll tell you how much, you can say,”

“I’ve been a spy for 5 months, I know how much to say,” I replied, pausing for a second before asking, “Why didn’t you stop them, why didn’t you protect them, was I not fast enough?”

“They’d suspect something, if they got stopped every time,”

“Why couldn’t you warn me, I can still hear their screaming as Bellatrix cackled in the background,” I said, letting out a shaky breath.

“Dinner will be starting soon,” he said, opening the door to his office. I tensed my jaw, but he now had Rosie under his protection. I exited.

I walked towards the great hall but I really didn’t feel like eating as I still felt bile in my throat from the memory I had brought up. The marauders + Lily and Pandora were waiting outside, maybe they didn’t react because I wasn’t missed.

“Iris, are you okay? You look pale,” Lily commented,

“The stairs up to Dumble’s office winded me,” I replied shaking it off

“Would have thought you’d be good at walking from how much time you spend running away from your problems,” Remus said, leaning against the wall.

“Big words, moony,” I ended as we walked into the hall

As we sat at the Gryffindor table I looked for Luka in the hall, first looking to the Slytherin table, but there he was sitting at the Ravenclaw table surrounded by his friends. Dumble’s speech was not even worth remembering or maybe I just didn’t want to acknowledge his presence or voice. The food appeared on the table and the meal began, I put the English roast on my plate and continued to push it about on my plate as I was lost in thought.

“Why did I never meet you at Beauxbatons?” Pandora questioned snapping me out of my thoughts, bringing all the attention to us.

“I don’t think you’ve told us,” Lily said, James knew but because I didn’t love bringing up my dead mother I never told anyone, but I didn’t really care about being social.

“Never went there, I was raised and taught by my mother, till she died and I moved to England,” I explained, rubbing my face with my hand

“Oh, I’m so sorry,”

“Don’t be, I’m going to go,” I ended pushing my plate away and getting up. I think I heard James call my name but I ignored it. I used magic to find my dorm, it was up a large staircase very close to the Gryffindor common room.