chapter 55

Warning: misgendering

"That visit took a long time," Lily commented as I walked into our dorm, early in the morning

"How did Malene's make-up turn out," I asked, ignoring the comment

"She snooped in your draw so we didn't get to finish,"

"Did she find anything," I asked, trying not to sound nervous

"Nothing special, socks, individually wrapped sweets, a broken quill,"

"Marls has always been the curious type though, it's fine," I said,but I didn't care because almost everything was in my bloody favour.

~

I went out into the forbidden forest in animagus form, I wanted to familiarise myself more with the area. I was lucky to have a double free period and no homework due.

I was frozen when I came across an ethereal mare with an ivory horn laced with pure magic just above it's brow. A unicorn, I had never see one in person before, the ink on the pages of books didn't do the angelic creature justice. The animal was so calm, that it made me forget anything wrong.

It wasn't afraid of me, it wasn't afraid of a bear. I looked around the forest for any other sign of life nearby, I could hear birds above but they weren't the type of animals I was worried about. I transformed back into myself, and began to near the creature making sure not to snap a twig, or step on any particularly dry leaves.

I slowly reached my hand out, and brushed the back of my finger against the bridge of its nose. As soon as I touched it something strange happened, it was like spilling black ink into water, the animal's fur became tainted with darkness, I quickly pulled my hand away and the darkness disappeared, the fur the brightest white once again.

The creature did not run away though, until something stepped on a broken twig and sent the unicorn running, I was slightly agitated until I realised who it was. It was a stag. I recognized it immediately, but I kept a neutral face.

I walked up to James and took the animal's face in my hands, then I started to chant.

*POV switch: JAMES POTTER 𐂂*

I didn't know what was happening, as Iris chanted in a strange language, was she cursing me, making my head explode because I sent the unicorn running, my head started feeling fuzzy and I quickly transformed back into myself, as soon as I did Ris burst out laughing and released my face.

"Your face Potter, I'm so happy you don't speak Latin that was bloody hilarious," she said laughing holding her stomach, she was tricking me and now she was laughing at me.

"I thought you were trying to make my head explode," I told her

"I can't take you seriously right now," she said taking off her shoe, pulling out a small mirror and handing it to me, I didn't see it immediately but when I did I couldn't help the small smile that formed on my lips, she had put a stag on my cheekbone.

"Is this permanent," the girl thought for a second as she slipped her shoe on again, as soon as it was on she sprinted in the opposite direction, she couldn't be serious.

I chased after her, she was bloody fast, darting in between the trees for someone who claimed to hate running so much she was outrunning me, we were almost out of the forest by the time she began to slow down, I pushed myself harder and caught up with her grabbing her by the waist and picking her up like a baby. She squirmed in my arms.

"James Potter, I swear to Morgana herself if you don't let me down-," she began, hiding her smile in the most adorable way, it gave her dimples as she tensed her lips trying to keep them in a straight line. "James I'm trying to threaten you here," she said, making me look up from her lips and to her eyes.