chapter 51

We were in potions, the lesson felt like it was never going to end. We were learning about the polyjuice potion and someone when stacking the shelves obviously hadn't thought about the students who weren't bloody six foot tall, when putting the leech jars on the top shelf. I scuffed and creased my school shoes trying to reach the top shelf, I refused to ask for help from anyone.

That's when I felt someone's presence behind me, the intoxicating smell. Hello, James Potter. I stopped shuffling and froze up. "Do you mind?" I asked, at the invasion of my personal space

"You've been trying to reach the shelf for 10 minutes, and as much as I've been enjoying watching you try, I need to blow up the cauldron before the end of the lesson, a bet with Sirius?" James replied, I could hear the smirk through his words. The boy easily plucked the leeches from their shelf, so I elbowed the boy in his stomach, and took the jar of leeches from his hand when he went to hold his stomach. "Thanks James," I said, winking at the boy and walking back to Lily.

"Thank Merlin, took you long enough," Lily said, taking the leaches from me.

"Maybe you should be less focused on me and more focussed on the fact you just stirred the potion 5 times instead of four,"

"Shit," Lily murmured

"Language Evans," I said, taking the spoon from her and stirring it anti clockwise once.

*POV switch: LILY EVANS 𓃙*

Oh, No No No No No No No No No. I was staring at James Potter and I messed up a potion because of it. This can't be happening, my worst nightmare since second year, but of course it's the year after James Potter suddenly loses interest in me, this wasn't happening anyway, it was just stupid toerag Potter.

"Evans your zoning out, are you okay," Iris said, waving her hand in my face

"I'm fine," Not fine Not fine, I think I might like James Potter that foolish idiot who at one point in time I would prefer to kiss the giant squid over and he also so clearly likes you

Suddenly a cauldron exploded behind us, it was James and Sirius. "I told you I could do it," James shouted, why did I like this idiot? I used my hand to rub my face, as I let out a long sigh. I can't like him it must be potion fumes.

*POV switch: Iris Artemis Black 𓆙*

Soon potions was over and I walked out of the class with Lily, and Rosie was waiting just outside, smirking as he leaned against the wall. "Hello, doll," I greeted him.

"So, I'm doll now," Rosie said, looking me up and down

"Are you waiting for me doll," I asked, faking shock

"I thought, I might make your day," he replied

"Then why don't you leave," Lily replied from beside me that made me let out an amused sigh Rosie took my bag for me, I assumed to try and prove Lily wrong, "Bloody hell what do you have in here,"

"wouldn't you like to know," I said, running my hand through my hair.

"It's a crystal ball, she stole it," Lily said shaking her head

"Lily, don't expose all of my secrets,"

"Why do you need a crystal ball," Rosie questioned

"That's for me to know, and for you to not find out," I said, smirking.

We were sitting in the great hall for dinner, when a parade of Slytherins walked in. Each had been painted red and gold, house pride and all, I tried to hold in my laughter. I could already hear people talking about the marauders, but they were wrong, this time it was me causing havoc and the boys were going to take the blame for me. The group included those such as Snape, Duncan Ashe and on this occasion Rosie had been roped into it, I knew I forgot to remind someone.