chapter 26

“WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON,” Marlene screamed running around the common room before running over to Dorcas and snogging her.

 I could hear the pops of bottles of firewhiskey being opened, I could imagine the new butterbeer stains in the carpet tomorrow, I could smell the sweat of the winning Gryffindor team combined with the smell of burning wood, I felt people pushing past me to get into the common room.

I had to find Lily, at first I thought about yelling where’s the hottest ginger in Gryffindor but I knew the Prewett twins would put their hands up. I ran up to my dorm, regretting not bringing a drink with me.

What I found warmed my cold decayed heart. Lily was laying down in the middle of the room she was using a book as a pillow and Louis lay beside her, his little paw against her chest. I didn’t want to wake either of them up, but Gryffindor won and I didn’t need my favourite red-head missing out and maybe also to use her as an excuse to avoid James. He no longer had a girl on an arm every other day, but he snogged anything with a heartbeat.

“Oi, Lily Flower I know exams are on Monday but tonight we party to our victory,” I screamed, waking the girl up, Louis didn’t give a shit he remained in the same position, lazy little shit. 

Lily looked up checking the time before reaching her hand up for my help, I pulled her up enthusiastically holding close to my chest as we danced to the music playing in the common room making us both laugh.

“Come on last party of the year let's get pissed,” I said pulling the girl down to the common room, she was still waking up but didn’t pull away.

I handed Lily a firewhiskey, intertwining my arm with hers so we could both knock back the drinks, I missed that burn so much. I was so happy, I loved the atmosphere of the party so much, until I noticed James kissing Georgia Brown, half-blood, 4th year passionately. That was it, I flirted with Rosy on the odd occasion but I didn’t kiss tens of people in the space of a few weeks because I had ended things with James and I was trying not to flaunt being hot and single, but you know what damn it all.

I spotted Marcus Zeller, a relatively attractive, single, sixth year. I walked over to the boy and started to flirt with him, twirling my hair around my finger, pouting, giggling, batting my eyelashes. It worked hook, line and sinker, a phrase I didn’t quite understand butI knew it was a phrase used when a plan went well. 

Before I knew the boy pressed his hand lightly to my cheek his hands were really room temperature, and kissed me. The kiss was slow, sweet altogether a bit chaste. When the boy pulled away, I gave him a sweet smile. “Later Zeller, thanks for the gum,” the boy was chewing droobles during the kiss, not anymore. I winked at the boy before going off to find Lils.

“Did you just kiss, Marcus Zeller,” Lily questioned, nudging me.

“Have you been a prude all year,” I replied, winking and blowing a bubble.

“Yeah, a prude all year,” the girl said sighing

“What did you feel like you’ve missed out on the experience, if you won’t I’ll give you a snog,”

“You have no filter,”

“What your hot, I’m hot. We’re drunk. And we’re best friends who are both bicurious, don't’ give me that look. We were bound to kiss at one point,” I said, picking up another glass of firewhiskey. The girl rolled her eyes walking away, Rude.

I looked around the room, this time hoping to see James as I had been feeling someone’s eyes on me. There he was, Georgia was nowhere near him and he was staring at me, a light frown on his lips contrary to his earlier expression. How come revenge against Snape was fun, but seeing him sad from my actions made my insides twist and knot themselves.