Chapter 77

It took me a minute to realise what has happening. When I did I couldn’t just stand their and watch the pair kiss, I cleared my throat. James and Pandora jumped apart, "Iris," Pandora started who seemed stunned, she didn’t meet my eyes, she was acting like I had some right to be upset even though James and I weren't together.

"Ris, please don't be upset," James said stepping forward, reaching out for me.

"Why would I be upset?" I replied, swallowing the lump in my throat staring him down, James became speechless something I didn’t believe could happen. "Don't you have a lesson to be at Pandora," I pointed out I knew I sounded like a Garce (another word for bitch in French), the girl didn't disagree, she smiled at me, not in a malignant way but as if she was wishing me luck before wandering off

"We need to go somewhere private," I explained, I didn’t trust Dumbledore not to have bugged the entire castle,  or to crawl like a spider from one of the corridors. I debated taking James' hand before just walking away. Although hypothermia seemed all the more possible I went outside James following me, I felt him needing to say something behind me.

"You accessed my memories so easily, why didn't you do it before," he said, as we walked closer to the forbidden forest, I hadn’t stopped, as I stomped  through the grounds. I turned around James and I were technically skipping a lesson and we were standing in the middle of a field in the open, brilliant. I just hoped we could get through everything before we were found.

"When I was away, I accessed some skills I didn’t have or better said couldn’t control before,"
"Are the any other reasons?"
"It was easier not for you to know, if I was going to run away," I had to be honest now if he was getting all of his memories back, "Are you sure you want them back," I asked again, I knew he was sure but I needed to delay it for a few seconds.
"Yes, Iris I want my memories back," I sighed placing my hands on hid head.

*At the end of sixth year ([chapter 66] after Iris almost drowned in the black lake)*

We stood opposite each other for a while after that, I wasn’t quite sure whether I should tell him. “James, I love you but telling you that makes me beyond nervous not because I doubt that you love me back but because I’m terrified I’ll ruin everything like I always do by pushing you away, or lying, or trying to save everyone and only being detrimental to myself,”

“You love me,”

“I do, James Potter,”

“And I love you Iris Clemente,”

“By Morgana I hope so,” I stated walking forward, 

"Your not so big and scary,"

“Oh just shut up and kiss me,”

“Will do my love,” he finished putting one of his hands on my waist pulling me close, the other holding my jaw and crashing his lips onto mine. The kisses we shared sent tingles all over my body, the warmth of his hand through only my cloak.

*The beginning of sixth year [chapter 31]*

I carefully got up, draping a blanket over Zells and Lils. I was trying to go back up to my dorm but as I walked closer to James I couldn’t resist. I put the back of my pointer finger to the boy's cheek caressing it. I felt the boys arm move, he slowly curled it around my waist.

“Taking a picture would last longer,” he said, without opening his eyes

“You can’t even see me for all you know I could be admiring a painting,”

“I think you’d make a lovely painting, you’re so beautiful,” the boy said, I smiled at him as he opened his eyes. If I got it off my chest, maybe I’d feel better.

“You James Potter are extremely handsome and honestly I would enjoy sketching you because your stupid smirk makes me smile and I love the way you look at me, It makes me feel awful when you flirt with another girl and I’d date you in a heart beat if I didn’t put you in danger or ruin your relationship with Sirius,”

“Are you drunk or am I dreaming,”

“Neither I’m going to make you forget this because if you know I love you I don’t think you’ll ever stop and I’ll cave in before you do,” I said running my thumb over the boy's lip.

“Iris don’t please-,”

I had already prepared my wand as I whispered “Obliviate,” with a flash of green light I erased this event. James was asleep again, he would never remember this. I grabbed a blanket and threw it over the boy tucking him in before putting his glasses on the table next to the sofa.

*Iris' first quidditch match on the team ([Chapter 33] After spending a summer with Walburga making her hate her body)*

“Are you okay, what’s wrong, is it because I saw you in the changing room, Merlin I didn’t make you cry did I.” the boy said, spiraling. 

“James, I’m fine okay. Let’s go back to Gryffindor, they can’t start the party without the captain of the team they’re celebrating,”

“But, you're not okay. What’s wrong?”

“If I tell you, do you consent to have your memory wiped,” the boy didn’t take a moment to think as he nodded, I took my wand out.

“I hate the fact that you saw me, I didn’t want to see you react to my body, I hate it. And if James ‘I’ll make you love summer’ Potter reacted badly, it wouldn’t make me feel any damn better,” the boy gave me a sympathetic smile.

I felt vulnerable standing in front of James now and my magic retributed. I was in James' body he was sitting on his bed, Remus opposite him. I could tell by the length of Remus hair that this was after the start of sixth year.

"Remus, you have to promise not tell Sirius or anyone anything," James said, he sounded desperate, Remus barely looked up from his book nodding

"I love Iris so much that sometimes I feel like my hearts going burst," Remus' eyes widened in shock as he opened his mouth to say something,

"Merlin, James I thought you were going to say something like you used the last of his hair gel," Remus paused again closing his book before asking, "How long have you felt this way?" He asked,

"Too long, too bloody long. Every time I see her smile I feel my heart in my throat, when she'd run her hand through my hair while I lay on her lap I felt content to lie there forever, how good she is at quidditch and she's not afraid to brag about it, she knows she's the best beater Hogwarts has ever seen," James said, I could feel him grinning so wide his cheeks felt stiff.

"Why don't you date her then, Sirius would get over it as soon as he saw how much you care about her," Remus suggested.

"She won't do it because she's so afraid of hurting Sirius," he repeated, I wish James could have seen that I wasn't only doing it to save Sirius' feelings.

"You took my memories, you told me you loved me and then you just took it back," James said, he looked at me like he didn't know me, like he was disappointed. I felt so guilty because I knew that if positions were reversed I would have been so angry.

"You have them now," I contested, my stomach felt uneasy with regret, I knew I shouldn't be arguing with him but I was.

"A year to bloody late," he looked like he was about to storm away as he turned away from me before he asked, "Do you still feel that way,"

"Do you," I replied, regarding his recent kiss with Pandora.

"Pandora kissed me, we went to Hogsmeade together a few times before winter break before you walked back in like you always do captivating all of my attention and I guess she never really got over her feelings," James rushed through it, sighing as he looked back at me taking me in entirely.

"I love Rosie-

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚ Who doesn't love a cliffhanger *evil laugh* Have a wonderful day* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚