chapter 34

I was so glad to have that stupid mandrake leaf out of my damn mouth before halloween, I really wanted to get pissed at the party. It was open for any house as long as you were in sixth year and above, still I doubted many Slytherins would come, as most would rather die than rub elbows with a muggleborn. Before the party though, I had to get moony through another full moon.

It was a good thing I had told Lily about becoming an animagus or it would have been really weird when I found a small crystal phial, put a leaf inside,  added one of my own hairs, before hanging it on our window so that it could receive the pure rays of moonlight.

Right now I was sitting Peter and Rem in the library, Rem had decided to join us which I was really happy about considering he was probably really tired with the full moon today and he had still chosen to come out.

“Cookie, Remus,” I said, pulling out a bag.

“I can’t say no to that,” the boy announced without looking up from his book, I put the bag in the way of his hand so he could take one.

Pete started to tap the tip of his quil against the paper, he only started doing after he didn’t understand something, it got on my nerves that he didn’t just ask considering I was here to help him, but maybe he was just nervous to ask.

“You okay, sweet?” I questioned the boy smiling.

“Ye-ye, I’m just a bit confused, why do they say to add a daisy to a befuddlement potion,” The boy said pointing to a picture of sneezewort.
“That’s sneezewort, sweet. It is commonly mistaken for the muggle plant though, just check the label on the book, next time,” I said pointing to champion éternuement (sneeze fungus) beside the picture.

“But, that’s in a different language,”

“It was found in France, so you should probably know the french translation,”

“Okay, thanks,” The boy said, scribbling down notes that he’d probably forget to take from the sesion. 

“Reg,” I said to the boy, as I found him wandering alone in the hall

“Iris, what are you doing here,” the boy said nervously, starting to look around, was he waiting for someone.

“Oh, I came to steal ingredients for a potion, what are you doing here alone?”

“Regulus,” I heard a weak voice from behind me below. I turned out to be a hufflepuff boy from the year below me.

“Whose this?” I was curious. The boy looked to Regulus as for what to do, Reg nodded at the boy, smiling, which seemed to make the other boy happy in return.

“I’m Azel Baker, Regulus’ boyfriend,”

“I’m happy for you two, you didn’t tell me, like I understand not telling Sirius. It doesn’t matter really when you told me I’m just happy I know now and Azel you and me my treat next hogsmeade weekend,” 

“Iris, stop it,” I was making Reg embarrassed, even better.

“Azel means noble, and Regulus means prince even your names go together,”

“Iris, why don’t you go and steal those potion ingredients,” Reg urged

“Fine, nice meeting you Azel,” I rushed off when I heard the boy echo nice to meet you too.

I stole a chrysalis of a Death’s-head Hawk Moth, they really needed better security inside of the castle instead of just worrying about entering the school.

October 31st | 1976

I had never really celebrated Halloween before Hogwarts, it wasn’t a very important holiday in France compared to England or America.