chapter 33

I had stolen a mandrake leaf from the herbology greenhouse, the same day I had taken the books from the library as you had to keep the laf in your mouth from full-moon to full-moon and I didn't feel like waiting another month. I had been pretty quiet as I had to hide the leaf in my mouth and I could use it as an excuse not to eat more. I had told my secret to one person, Lily. The discussion went like this:

"Lily, I have something I need to tell you," I said shifting nervously in our empty dorm room.

"I've been wondering when you would come and talk to me," Lily said, taking her nose out of a book and patting the spot beside her.

I didn't do anything particular to tell her, I just stuck my tongue out with the mandrake leaf on it and said "animagus,"

Lily was shocked by what I was doing and began listing all the things that could go wrong, that I already knew. "One, When the process of becoming an Animagus goes wrong, it often goes seriously wrong. We're talking horrible half-human, half-animal mutations here, with no known cure, two, your animagus could be a bug and you could be squashed, three-"

"Lily, I know. I wouldn't do this otherwise," I said angrily.

"Sorry, I'm just worried," Lily said her eyes filled with worry. Lily and I hugged each other and Lily promised to be there for me whenever I transformed.

It was the first match of the year and bloody hell I was excited, not to have my arse gawked at in tight trousers but to win. We were huddled into the locker room, it stank of sweat, dried blood and boyish musk, they definitely needed air fresheners in here added to the schools budget list.

I was standing next to Zeller, who without a doubt could touch the top of the house stands as he was a bloody giant, with long arms. I could hear the boy start to tap his foot as we talked amongst ourselves. "You okay," I asked, looking at the boy, putting my hand on his arm. I was glad I had learnt to talk with a leaf in my mouth.

"Yeah, I j-jus-t-st don't r-really," I pulled the boy away from the people, we didn't really need to be there until James gave his little speech.

"Better,"

"Much,"

"Clem, would you stop-," James speech interrupted Zells

"We'll finish this later, okay," I said walking closer to hear better, Zells following mindlessly behind me.

"We don't lose to bloody Slytherin, Let's beat their sorry arses," brilliant speech potter.

I walked out with the rest of the team holding my broom in my left hand, bat in the right. The stadium was full, I searched the Gryffindor stands for Lily, she was screaming and cheering at our entrance. We moved into our places on the field, Rosy winked at me, so I rolled my eyes, he then sent a kiss, so I stuck my tongue out at the boy for a moment forgetting the mandrake leaf that rested on it.

Before the gesture could escalate, Minnie walked in between the middle of our two teams. Placing the box of balls, box of balls. I let out a short laugh, before turning to see if anyone else thought the same way I did, Zell's eyes met mine and suddenly it was a lot harder to control my laughter.

"Are you done, Mr Zeller, Iris," Mcgonnagal said looking back at us. We both nodded, calming ourselves down before Minnie flipped the latches, releasing the balls.

I quickly launched off the ground, I was working with Gideon as the other beater. I smacked a bludger hard, knocking it into Lucinda talkalot, "There goes my sister, almost knocking the captain of the Slytherin quidditch team off her broom," Sirius screamed.

Around the middle of the game Mary got hit by a bludger, I felt awful and angry. I zoomed to the bludger and with all my might I lobbed it to the lump of people that was the slytherin team and it hit Rosie, which honestly made me feel worse as I saw the boy curl in pain. Soon enough though, Jame caught the snitch and we won.