chapter 31

When the train pulled into the station, three out of the four left the carriage, James had volunteered to help me clean it, I really wish he hadn’t. “You never answered my letter,” he announced openly, collecting Pete’s awful jelly beans into his left hand. I looked up at the boy, “nothing has changed James,”

“I went after Lily for three years, no matter the rejection. I’ll get you to fall for me,” it’s not a case of falling for you, you stupid boy, it’s a case of circumstance, I thought . I couldn’t look away from him.

I finished my little jobs quickly, before quickly rushing away from the boy. The only carriages left were the seventh year carriages, most were standing around taking in the view or smoking. I found Zell doing both, I looked up at the tall boy, he put his arm around my shoulders when he saw me. “I didn’t know you smoked,” I told the boy, before reaching for his cigarette and taking a drag myself.

“I didn’t know you were a thief, Clem,” the boy said, taking back his cigarette, making his friends chuckle. I rolled my eyes as one of the boy's friends handed me a cigarette. I nodded at the boy in thanks, I had gotten used to the smell over the summer.

“I really didn’t think Marcus, who stutters when he talks to women without a cigarette or a drink could land someone like you,” one of his friends said in the carriage

“He didn’t, but I reckon the boy could pull someone on my level with me as his wingwoman.” I said, fistpumping the boy as I had seen James and Sirius do.

“It’s nice to see you all back at Hogwarts, I would just like to remind you that the forbidden forest is called so for a reason, unless given specific instructions by a teacher do not enter. Filch would like me to remind you that Selkie super glue, should not be put on seats,” I swear for a moment I saw the man's eyes flick to the marauders, “Please all of you enjoy the safety of Hogwarts, and study hard,” the man finished stroking his stupid beard, as if he was suddenly in thought standing on the podium.

“Are you okay Ris, you rarely have less than a mountain of food on your plate,” Lils asked, putting her hand on mine.

“Yeah really, I ate a lot at breakfast. Grimmauld place has a shit atmosphere but decent food,” I lied, pushing my food around my plate.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, “m-me and the boys are going out for a smoke, wanna join us,” I shook my head, I wanted to keep catching up with Lily. “Catch y-you later then,” the boy said, ruffling my hair, I flashed the boy my middle finger, he winked dramatically in return.

“Please tell me we have almost all of our lessons,” I asked Lily as we were given our schedules by Mcgonngal. 

“The papers are not see through Ris, I can’t magically tell,” the girl announced. I rolled my eyes giving the girl my sheet, by the sad look on her face I assumed my wish was not granted.

“We have so many lessons together, how am I going to get any work done,” I smiled, taking back the sheet, slipping it in my robes.

I gave Lily a piggy back ride back to the dorms, I wasn’t tired even after I climbed the stairs of Gryffindor tower, “Why are there only two beds in here?” I questioned. 

“Perks of being a N.E.W.T’s level student,” Lily said, choosing the bed away from the large window seat. Louis ran up to Lily, he was so affectionate with the girl, Voldy was wrong about the cat. 

I had been experimenting over the summer, with wolfsbane potion and I had finally come up with the perfect recipe that could easily be slipped into chocolate or cake. I didn’t want to share the recipe with anyone, because as much as I was feeding Remus wolfsbane behind his back I was helping him but the way I’ve been able to hide the flavour could easily be used for much more wicked reasons.