𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓶𝓪 𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓷𝓪'𝓼 𝓖𝓮𝓽 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓓𝓸𝔀𝓷

"You- You got the lead!" 

✰✰✰

January 10th, 1951 Hoquiam Washington, The Archer Studio

Addison Cullen could feel the stares the moment she stepped foot into the ballet studio and she tried her best to ignore them as she placed her black duffle bag on the ground before sitting-crossed legged on the wooden floor unzipping the bag and pulling out her new pointe shoes.

"Hello I'm Bette Whitlaw" Addison glanced up at the young woman, she was pretty with wavy blonde hair pulled back into two braids, and sparkly green eyes but Addison was pretty sure she was taller by at least one inch and she had never felt so accomplished over something so stupid. "I'm Addison C-".

"Cullen. I know we go to the same school and now the same ballet studio small world huh... I actually share some classes with your brother, Edward"...

✰✰✰

Addison immediately knew where the conversation was going as she began to stretch "ah how do you deal with his broodiness for a whole class, I live with him and can barely handle it" she joked wincing as Bette let out a fake laugh...

"You're really funny... So I know this sounds really forward... But Edward is single, right?

Addison twisted her body with a roll of her eyes before turning to face the blonde with a fake smile, "as I far as I know" it really was amazing how many girls had the guts to use her and Alice for their brothers. 

"So since we're Ballerina Buddies, could you put in a good word for me" Addison gave the girl a tight-lipped smile "I'll see what I can do" there was no way she was ever mentioning Bette Whilaw to her brother...

✰✰✰

February 14th, 1952 Hoquiam Washington, The Archer Studio

"Ms. Cullen, can I see you for a moment?" Addison Cullen tossed the black duffle bag over her shoulder pretending to catch her breath as she walked towards her ballet instructor... She knew exactly why she was being called by her teacher, it was about the auditions for Swan Lake the roles had finally been chosen... 

Addison had watched several people in her class get called up and they either walked away smiling or stormed away in tears...

"Yes, Ms. Stroyer?" Addison really like her ballet instructor she was a fierce woman who was very confident in her abilities as a dancer and she pushed her girls and boys to be the same though she never forced them over their limits like some teachers in the school...

"You've been at the Archer Studio about a year now and you've worked hard these past months for the auditions"... Addison was waiting for the punch "you've worked hard but not hard enough better luck next time"...

"Which is why it pleases me to tell you, you've been chosen as the lead for Swan Lake"...

✰✰✰

Addison felt her breath catch in her throat as she stared at Ms. Stroyer "are-are you serious?" the ballet instructor nodded handing the shocked girl the list of names of who got what part and there she was in big bold letters...  Addison Cullen as Princess Odette... 

"Congratulations Ms. Cullen but just know that everyone will not agree or be happy with this decision"... 

Addison immediately knew who she was talking about... Bette Whitlaw... She had watched her storm off earlier... "Listen to me, you've accomplished something great, so don't let prima donnas get you down, enjoy your success"...

✰✰✰

Jasper Hale noticed the change in his fiances' behavior immediately, earlier that morning she was anxious but now she was practically bouncing as she pushed open the door, "what's got you in such a good mood darlin?"

"Nothing much except that I got the lead" she squealed holding up the paper with the cast names.

Jasper paused for a moment the words not sinking in until he saw those big bold words Addison Cullen as Princess Odette... "You- You got the lead!" he cheered picking her up by the waist and spinning her around, everyone else watching the scene thought the couple had gone crazy... 

But to them, this was an achievement she had worked so hard on, Addison had spent several nights locked away in their shared bedroom working on the dance and it had finally paid off... 

 "I knew you could do it"...

✰✰✰

A/n~ Alright so there's only going to be one more chapter before the Bella Era and it's going to be the Recital which I'll explain later.

Please feel free to leave any comments, thoughts, or criticisms. <3 Jade.