𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓯 𝓒𝔂𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓪 𝓑𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓷

"I am still a danger to most people"

✰✰✰

Addison Cullen rushed down the moss-covered stairs flinching as the double doors slammed behind her locking in the ghost of her former self and her dark past. "You kids and this place" Addison froze like a deer in headlights looking up at the older woman who was leaned against her old blue chevy cavalier, "you see any ghosts" the woman chuckled blowing smoke out of the corner of her mouth before crushing out her cigarette in the gravels. Addison snapped out of her daze  slowly shaking her head in response "n-no I didn't see any, my- my new friends dared me to go inside, some sort of stupid hazing ritual" the woman let out an ahh nodding in understanding. "You know I've seen ghosts in there". 

"I'm being serious, I've seen the ghosts of my aunts, they were twins" the woman sat down on the stairs and Addison slowly followed her lead confused about where this conversation was going. "My mother Cynthia was their little sister..." Addison almost passed out, her fingernails gripped the stone step trying to keep herself upright and balanced, it was her, it was her niece. "They got sent to this asylum by their father, my grandad, and one night they went missing and died I suppose, I don't know. I come here to feel closer to them, so they don't feel so alone"... Addison wanted to cry, her little (not so little anymore) niece came to the asylum so their ghosts didn't feel alone... 

"Did your mother ever- hate her sisters? for...you know" her niece chuckled as she flicked her lighter lighting another cigarette and Addison felt the sudden need to toss the cancer stick away from her niece. "God no, Mama never hated my aunties, she believed them, believed they were innocent... No, my Mama loved her older sisters, she never stopped loving them even when everyone called them insane"... Addison wanted to break down and cry, her little Cynthia never stopped loving her, she didn't think she was insane, and more importantly, she never hated her. 

✰✰✰